my daughter wanted to know...

Options
AmyWebb2
AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
First, I'm not a nut, though this post might have you wondering.

My seven-year old daughter knows I'm dieting hard, and when we went to the grocery store today, she'd question, "how many calories is that?" with everything I put in the cart. Annoying, really.

When we got home, I joked to her, "I'm glad we got groceries, because I'm so hungry I could eat my own arm."

She asked, "How many calories is an arm?"

I told her that MFP probably doesn't have a count for that. But have you wondered, in the dark, when you're alone, how many calories your body would be worth? I mean, how many calories would an arm be?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    We have remarkably similar stats to pork.
  • AmyWebb2
    AmyWebb2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Believe me, I don't find that in the least bit surprising. I'm probably all fatty and filled with gristle, too.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    AmyWebb2 wrote: »

Believe me, I don't find that in the least bit surprising. I'm probably all fatty and filled with gristle, too.

We're the only other meat that makes crackling, as well. And trainee tattooists practice on pork because it's so similar to Human skin.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    AmyWebb2 wrote: »

We're the only other meat that makes crackling, as well. And trainee tattooists practice on pork because it's so similar to Human skin.

So true, there are medical products made of porcine (pig) skin approved by the FDA.