You must get these apps for iphone

Options
If you don't have an iphone - get one. The imyfitnesspal app is wonderful. You can take it anywhere with you so you can log your calories as you go along and it automatically syncs to the website. Can't rate it highly enough

For those of you who like to walk or jog try imapmyrun.com This is a useful tool for measuring how far and how fast you've run. It follows your route on the iphone's GPS and calculates distance, duration, average speed etc. You can then put these figures into imyfitnesspal for youe exercise calories. It's more accurate than trying to guess your speed

Replies

• shavasana
    shavasana Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Love the MyFitnessPal app for iPhone.
  • sherrie8929
    sherrie8929 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I of course use the MyFitnessPal app, but might I suggest RunKeeper instead of iMapMyRun? I used to use it, but realized it didn't work well and would often mess up. I started using RunKeeper and LOVE IT!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I take my iphone with me everywhere so I can input all the food and drink I consume. If I never used that iphone for anything else, the fact I can record stuff on it makes it one of the most useful things I have ever owned!

Can't praise it enough.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Why did my posting post twice lol.

Editing this one otherwise it looks like I was being a maniac :laugh:
  • kimbishopp
    kimbishopp Posts: 10
    Options
    Loving the MyFitnessPal app. Will have to try the tracker apps - at the moment I just plot my runs/walks/cycles etc into walkjogrun.com - its great for planning a new route as well - especially if you need certain distances for a training program for a race.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried any of the Couch to 5k apps? I've downloaded the Podcasts, but the apps allow you to play your own music in the background. I just wanted to see how easy they are to use.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    +1 for Runkeeper for me too. I also use "43 Things" (Goal setting and tracking), 100 Push ups (a program to help you get to 100 push ups), and I track my weight on Skinnyr.com as well as here.

And of course Myfittnesspal. My wife paid for the livestrong app and I mock her about it daily.
  • mikeman83
    mikeman83 Posts: 5
    Options
    dot, I'm currently using the couch to 5k. I'm not a fan of running but it keeps me interested and is very goal driven. I'm in week 4 now; the week where the running really becomes prominent. It's very user friendly. Go for it.