Anyone use fitness blender?

Options
What workouts did you find most effective? I've been doing mostly their hiit workouts with 33 minute fat burning strength training video.

Are there any tips to know whether you are burning calories on the low or high end, I don't know if I'm underestimating or overestimating? I'm always sweating a lot during the workouts.

Replies

• MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am using Fitness Blender's 8-week program. I don't know how to judge whether I am on the high end or low end of burning calories. I'd like to find that out, too. But usually after I workout, I log it in closer to the lower end on MFP.
  • jpalocy77
    jpalocy77 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I do some of them.. I do alot of jillian michaels videos as well.. sometimes fitness blender can be so bland. I do like there HITT portions..i dothose for a quick workout!
  • lstarrb
    lstarrb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I love fitness blender! I've done a 1000 calorie burn workout of theirs before. It was awesome but I felt like I didn't want to workout for a few days after.

Sometimes I just say I'm working out in the middle of the low to high numbers they gave you and then I work out as hard as my body will push; then I figure if I DID burn more that's okay because I'd report less calories burned than more.

Or if you feel the need to be a little more specific maybe try a calorie burn estimator like this(don't know about accuracy): http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • rubyeskimo
    rubyeskimo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've just started the first 8 week program and it's just what I need - going on holiday in 9 weeks time! So far the exercises have been low impact but I still feel like I'm getting a burn. I log the lowest estimate of calories lost because I figure that's got to be more accurate for me.
  • nolanerinbryon
    nolanerinbryon Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Fitness Blender! They offer such high quality videos that are often my go-to workouts. The instructions are very clear and offer a lot of detail to ensure proper form to yield best results and avoid injury...they also offer instructions to make certain moves more difficult if the user is advanced. I have done several different ones but my favorites are the kettlebells (total body killer) and cardio kickboxing. I have no idea what Im burning in the calorie range they say, but I plan to get a FitBit or some other device in the next month or two & hopefully that'll be more telling on the burn. For anyone who hasn't tried these videos, or the site, I would HIGHLY recommend it!
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have done a few of their workouts and in the ones with the calories burned meter on the side, i have found I burn right in the middle according to my hRM. I do the low impact cardio and kickboxing ones the most.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Fitness Blender!

For the low end of their estimated calorie burn, they use a 130lb female. I am about that (I think...I don't weigh myself), and I burn pretty close to their estimate, though generally a little lower. They seem to estimate high during the less active movements and a little low during the higher impact stuff, so it pretty much evens out.

I've done one of the 8-week programs, and I'll probably do it again once I finish the lifting program I'm doing now. I also incorporate their HIIT between lifting days once or twice a week. I think they are fantastic and have donated to the website as well so we can keep it free!
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like them and do them once in a while, mostly HIIT. I don't know how many calories I burn...nowadays I just wear my fitbit and eat at a deficit to what it says my TDEE is.

The red light, green light ones are hard! Sometimes I have been known to yell at the tv. :-)
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I like them and do them once in a while, mostly HIIT. I don't know how many calories I burn...nowadays I just wear my fitbit and eat at a deficit to what it says my TDEE is.

The red light, green light ones are hard! Sometimes I have been known to yell at the tv. :-)

Oh yeah! I like those! Have you done the "When I say JUMP HIIT?" Oh. Em. Gee. That one is really tough!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I love fitness blender, I have done several of their workouts mostly the kettlebell and exercise ball workouts
  • zampa19
    zampa19 Posts: 24
    Options
    I've started their 8 week program, but do it every other day and on the other days I run and bike.
    I think I read some where on their FAQ about if you are a heavy set person you will be burning more calories and if not so heavy you'd tend to be on the low side of their estimation.
    I might be wrong, but just to be safe you might want to count the low side of the estimates.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Doing the 8 week fat loss work out and I am just gonna say my arms are gonna be hurting from the upper body workout. :) And you can't beat that price.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Oh yeah! I like those! Have you done the "When I say JUMP HIIT?" Oh. Em. Gee. That one is really tough!

400 calories in 20 minutes. That jump one is sent from hell.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Yes, I love it. I just search for the muscle groups that I want to work on a given day. They are one of my faves.
  • MoRiv1986
    Options
    I like the pyramid workouts, too. And the 5x5x5 for buns and thighs is one of my favorites.
  • tanya_saenz
    tanya_saenz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me, Me!!! I LOVE fitness blender!! I mix it up and have used their HIIT, strength training, and their fat burning cardio workouts!! I also use my HRM to give a better idea of how many calories I am burning. Good luck to you and enjoy!
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I LOVE fitness blender!

I like how you can watch a video once and not get distracted, its very straightforward. The second time you can play your OWN background music, unlike the annoying music they play in workout DVDs, (no offence Jillian Michaels, Shaun T, and the rest of you).

I've been doing their strength training videos with dumbells mostly, since thats what I'm trying to work on and I'm a newb at using dumbells, its been super helpful.
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    They are my main source of exercise. :) I have tried alot of their low impact workouts and total body workouts. I like that they have so much variety and I can rotate through videos withput getting bored. Have any of you done their squat challenge one? Ouch!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Fitness Blender! They offer such high quality videos that are often my go-to workouts. The instructions are very clear and offer a lot of detail to ensure proper form to yield best results and avoid injury...they also offer instructions to make certain moves more difficult if the user is advanced. I have done several different ones but my favorites are the kettlebells (total body killer) and cardio kickboxing. I have no idea what Im burning in the calorie range they say, but I plan to get a FitBit or some other device in the next month or two & hopefully that'll be more telling on the burn. For anyone who hasn't tried these videos, or the site, I would HIGHLY recommend it!

Fit it will only help you for step based exercise. You really want a HRM for steady state cardio exercise or a BodymediaFit for all day wear.
  • MoRiv1986
    Options
    I need to check out the squat challenge ones.