Calories

Options
How can I be consuming less than 1000 calories a day with cardio and still not only not loading but gaining

Replies

• Infochick
    Infochick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough. If you go too low, your body will do everything in its power to hold on to your weight. Try upping your protein to ensure you are eating around 1,200 calories a day, and drinking more water.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    It is very difficult to weigh, measure and record every calorie everyday
    also if you eat any packaged foods, the provided calorie counts are far from accurate.

Before you eat additional portions, I'd assume that the often repeated phrase used here is correct:

We underestimate our foods by 20% and we overestimate our exercise by 20%.

Good Luck OP
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Need more info... How tall are you? What's your starting weight? More importantly, are you weighing all solid foods and measuring all liquids? Logging every single bite you put in your mouth? Logging beverages? How long have you been trying to lose?
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Infochick wrote: »
    You may not be eating enough. If you go too low, your body will do everything in its power to hold on to your weight. Try upping your protein to ensure you are eating around 1,200 calories a day, and drinking more water.

No, ignore this.

You are eating more than you realize.

Take a look at this chart and see if you can pin down the problem.

297ed6d1829fbe5bf22e8d97be46a847.jpg

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Inaccurate logging?
  • venusvgautam
    venusvgautam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5 feet 2 inches. I weigh around 92 kgs. I am taking around 1200 calories every day and have a sedentary lifestyle. Can anyone help me understand how much weight should i ideally lose in 4 weeks or per week. I am also planning to start work out from tomorrow.
  • Ctarbox165
    Ctarbox165 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm also 5'2" and about 200 lbs (92kg). I started this MFP 3 1/2 weeks ago. I have been extremely diligent about measuring, weighing my foods and entering 1050 to 1200 calories per day. I drink at least four 8 oz glasses of water and take vitamins. I am taking two 20 minute walks every day. I am (so far) consistently losing 2 lbs per week, which is my goal. I changed my micronutrients to 35 carbs/45 fat/20 protein to match the palio diet program and have found that I am never hungry and still getting the nutrients I need. Remember to also take supplements. Only three weeks into it so hope this works. I'll keep you posted.
  • Ctarbox165
    Ctarbox165 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One other thing that seems to help me; I plan my MFP menu the night before so I already know what I am going to eat and there is no guessing and getting it wrong.