Poop or can't poop that is the question ?

Options
2»

Replies

• mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I take colon cleanse daily. And drink a gallon of water per day. No stomach cramping involved and you can purchase this OTC at any store. I had this issue when I started and it became fairly painful at times. I talked to my dr about it and this was her suggestion. My Bestie started it last week and she's pretty proud of her daily function now. :D
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Wheat bran! Bob's Red Mill wheat bran 5 mg a day mixed into something - usually cottage cheese for me. Plenty of water of course otherwise you'll have the same problem, even worse.
  • Haught2015
    Haught2015 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for the feedback..I eat a lot of protein and some fiber but low fat. I am lactose intolerant so that puts a damper on things. I was told to take myralax which would help.
    Thanks again :smile:
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Try increasing healthy fats, magnesium citrate at bedtime (helps you sleep too! :D) and maybe a vitamin C flush (google it) You can increase magnesium each night until you find the right dosage for you. I LOVE it! No belly pains and I have IBS-C so it is a lifesaver for me!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    mommazach wrote: »
    I take colon cleanse daily. And drink a gallon of water per day. No stomach cramping involved and you can purchase this OTC at any store. I had this issue when I started and it became fairly painful at times. I talked to my dr about it and this was her suggestion. My Bestie started it last week and she's pretty proud of her daily function now. :D

What does colon cleanse contain?

• LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I used to go 2x a day and now I'm lucky if it happens every other day or every 2 days :(
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I maybe go twice a week but mine is most likely due to iron pills. I have yet to find anything that helps much.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Psyllium husk powder and magnesium help keep me regular as clockwork. And water! I can tell an obvious difference the next morning if I slacked on drinking water the day before.
  • paganvegan
    paganvegan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually only go every two to three days but i noticed my tummy is happier with what im eating now. Celiac diagnosis helped
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I'm very regular, every morning usually an hour after getting up. I eat plenty of fibre and healthy fats so that helps.
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have colitis and since I started eating low carb it's pretty much gone away. I LOVE only pooping once a day...