What do you do after work?

Options
heathershaw4785
heathershaw4785 Posts: 30 Member
I'm a couch potato and usually come home after work and watch tv until I make dinner and then sit down to more tv. I am determined to change that. Yesterday and today I did some adult coloring (with no tv), made dinner, walked my dog and pulled weeds. What do you like to do after work?do5nyyeg4fyx.jpeg
4fyht4oryoc8.jpeg

Replies

• zipaprika
    zipaprika Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm usually really tired when I come home, which makes it hard to make good choices about how I spend my time.

Some days I've been to the gym, so when I come home I turn on a podcast, make a quick dinner, clean up and go to bed. If I'm home earlier I often spend more time cooking, read the internet, sometimes do chores.

It would be cool if I had something more fun and rewarding to look forward to each evening. Then again since I do a very limited number of activities in my apartment, it's easy to keep it tidy and I definitely get out of the house on the weekends.
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather? I'm developing my house, so usually sit at my make shift home office and do some more planning and design. Currently waiting for preplanning report so keeping fingers crossed. I need to do more meal planning but usually its then do some exercise. Never seen grown up colouring, looks really good. I'd love a dog also but I work away alot so wouldn't be fair on the little chap. Anyway, its 4:40am in the uk, god knows why I'm awake! Take care, ta ra for now
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I train at the gym most days after work. It puts me home around 7:30 and then I have dinner and two desserts. On the days I don't train after work I try to get some extra walking in. One of the days is a 12 hour work day so I definitely rest that night and just do nothing.
  • healthykaitlin
    healthykaitlin Posts: 91 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Feed my dog & then bring him for a 2-3 mile walk. I'm a reformed couch potato :D
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Either go to the gym or eat and then go to the gym. After that I walk the dog. Then TV or whatever.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Love your coloring! I'm shadowing my fiancés Ironman training right now. So I'm swimming, running, or cycling after work. Makes for a crazy hurried commute home to get to it. Then Friday's are resting at my gym's pool. But...I do like me some couch time :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    By the way I use those coloring books for a distraction from food (and other life issues) as well. I could go for hours. Super helpful when I'm trying to lose weight.
  • G085H173
    G085H173 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    WINE!!!
  • mel_issa1717
    mel_issa1717 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Feed dogs, take dogs for a run, make dinner, pajamas and Netflix :)
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I have a really really hard time doing anything once I've made it home. I didn't used to be like that but it's changed drastically this year. I have to workout in the morning and/or at lunch OR I have to go to the gym right after work before going home or I'm not going to do squat.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    By the way I use those coloring books for a distraction from food (and other life issues) as well. I could go for hours. Super helpful when I'm trying to lose weight.

Might have to look into some of these! :) I've heard of adult coloring books but I'm unsure of where to get them.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i pick up my son, go home. play with him for 30-60 minutes. fix dinner. then it's time for his bath. so, we do that and then get ready for bed. i read him books, he falls asleep. then I walk the dog a couple of miles, then maybe do dishes or sit and watch some television. the end.
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    gym right after work...when i get home, i eat (and feed anyone who hasn't eaten) and either go outside with DS or watch crap on tv until it's time for baths and bed. i know, imma rockstar LOL.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I get home around 6:15 and need to be in bed by 8:30 so I can get up at 4:00 to work out, so I don't have much time to do anything. My husband and I take the dog for a walk and then I cook, eat, clean whatever mess I made in the kitchen, and then lay on the couch for about 30 minutes before heading to bed.

I don't know how people work out in the evenings. Even if I had time, I have no motivation to do ANYTHING after working all day.
  • jbconnelly
    jbconnelly Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Drink all the beer.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I get home about 3 hours before my wife, so I get all my chores done and usually have dinner ready when she gets home.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I go to the couch or my bed for about an hour and watch TV until my peak electric rate time passes. I then turn down the AC and cook dinner for myself and my daughter. After that it could be anything, chores, tv, a book, except Friday night when I generally meetup with a bunch of people and listen to a live band somewhere and dance the night away.
  • heathershaw4785
    heathershaw4785 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am gathering from these responses that I definitely need to acquire some new hobbies. I live in the desert and it supposed to be near 120 on Monday so anything I can do inside helps. I too want to be a reformed couch potato @healthykaitlin