Women workouts

Options
For a woman that needs to lose another 30-35 pounds is going to the gym 4x a week for about 2 hours enough?
Cardio and weights.
Any advice of how to specifically lose belly fat and gain a booty
Thanks

Replies

• AMcElfresh23
    AMcElfresh23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I definitely suggest 30 minutes of cardio. Running, cycling, stair stepping, elliptical, etc. for 10 minutes each or switch it up however you want. To me cardio is key to weight loss. To get your definition and getting toned I'm not an expert at that but I use Pinterest for different exercises and do at least 10 minutes of abs. I use the 21 day ab fix and it does wonders!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Eat at a defecit - that's it

And exercise for overall health and to meet fitness goals - you can't out-exercise a bad diet unfortunately

Cardio will give you a higher calorie burn than weights, but weights will make your body look better when you lose the fat (and helps with bone density and hormonal balance)

you sure that 2 hour sessions 4 x a week won't make you crash and burn? They would have me burnout at the start - I still only workout for 45 mins to 90 mins 3 x a week
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Specifically lose belly fat
    - eat at a defecit - it will come off when it comes off
    - follow a progressive resistance programme with heavy weights (not endless repetitions of light weights) to preserve as much muscle as possible
    - you can't spot reduce - you can strengthen your core but isolation exercises are more for intermediate exercisers IMO and ab crunches are a relatively pointless exercise

To build glutes - squats, deadlifts, lunges, bridges, hip thrusts - see Brett Contreras Strong Curves
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty rigorous. Make sure you're eating right, measure everything etc. For advice on working the butt.... google Bret Contreras, he's the Glute Guy.
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit to lose weight. To grow a booty I would suggest the strength training program Strong Curves by Brett Contreras. If you're new to strength training you're going to have MUCH more success doing a program that's all ready written out by a professional who knows what they're doing.
  • emilylawrence737
    emilylawrence737 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone