Joints popping while working out?

Options
My left knee and shoulder pop every time when I do certain exercises like jumping jacks (my knee) and light weight lifting makes my shoulder pop. It doesn't hurt but I've only been working out daily and vigorously for about a week now. Should I avoid exercises that cause my joints to pop or just not worry about it since it doesn't hurt?

Replies

• chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That is a difficult question for anyone to answer here. Try getting a physical at the doctor's office or clinic to ask someone that can actually give you an examination. All competitive athletes are required to get periodic physicals to spot problems, and I think that its a good idea for people starting a workout routine. I did one a few months ago before starting back from a very long break.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by pop? Do you mean the sound of gases in your joint capsule or is at ongoing thing that happens each and every rep?

It may be best to get it checked out
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    You'll probably want to see a sports doctor and/or physiotherapist.

• shamani5
    shamani5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank. Yes it's every rep.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i've always been told by my sports doctors that if my joints make noises but there is no pain in the joints, its ok. But listen to your body, i sorta avoid things that make my joints pop, or i go easy with them. Since you just started working out, its possible you need to take it easy and go slow until your joints toughen up and the muscles around them get stronger. I dont always rush off to the dr for every little sound my joints make. just use good judgement.