body distracting while working out...

Options
do you ever feel like your own body can be a negative distraction while working out? specifically for me, when i notice a part of me that jiggles when i move or when i feel my stomach rolls being pushed out, or when i can see just fat sticking out i feel like i want to stop working because it makes those untoned parts more obvious! completely self contradictory but i have stopped workouts that i do on my own because i can't stand the way my stomach feels when i'm doing burpees and the fat is just rolling.. -___-

Replies

• WhoButME28
    WhoButME28 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Let those negative images you have of yourself when working out be the very thing that drives you to work harder when you train and to be more consistent when meeting your daily caloric numbers.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Don't look in the mirror unless you are just checking on form. Plus even athletes jiggle a little when doing certain exercises.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The only thing I focus on while working out is how to push myself further. I ask myself questions like "How can I get my heart rate up further? How can I do one more rep? How can I make myself do 1 more minute on the elliptical?"
  • Nufraser
    Nufraser Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My fat rolls and my hubble(nickname for belly) is what keeps me going. I don't want it there anymore so I push through the disgust/pain self consiouness. What helps me a bit also is that I wear a cammy/ tank top under my shirt while working out. So when doing a burpee or whatever, the rolls are contained a bit! HTH!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Wear more fitted clothing made specifically for exercising... This seriously helped me! The compression pants hold everything in and they make your tush look great :happy:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Tighter pants helped control my tummy for things that involved a lot of movement (burpees, jump squats, etc); try to find some pants which have a higher waist to help. =)
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Let those negative images you have of yourself when working out be the very thing that drives you to work harder when you train and to be more consistent when meeting your daily caloric numbers.

^ I agree! Seeing things that I don't like makes me work even harder. Just remind yourself why you're working out! :)