Review for those who asked: The Knockout Workout

Options
Clew
Clew Posts: 910 Member
(Crap, I posted this on the wrong board ... so I'm reposting here ... sorry!)

Hey everyone!

A while ago I was talking on a thread about getting The Knockout Two-Pack Workout with Laila Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard - and several people asked me to share how I liked it.

Before I had my son I was in really good shape and did a lot of kickboxing and Tae Bo type stuff to stay in shape - so I am familiar with the moves. But this DVD is pretty good with instruction if you don't know the proper techniques. I've only done the "lightweight" (their boxing lingo term for the beginner's) workout so far but have now done it several times. It is a really great workout! A lot of power moves and simple full-body combos that get you sweating like crazy by the end if you really put your all into it. And while there's some good legwork, it's fairly easy on the knees. The workout is quick (about a half-hour) and gets the job done. There's about 5 minutes of warm-up, 20 minutes of boxing combos, and 5 minutes of concentrated ab work. Then a short cooldown/stretch at the end.

Personally, I love it. I'm not a jump around, aerobics type of girl - I just like power moves. Since I've been doing the Knockout routine and my kettlebells I can really feel my body changing inside. Looking forward to moving up to the "heavyweight" (advanced) workout!

I got this super cheap used on Amazon, just as a head's up :). Someone on the Amazon reviews was complaining that Laila and Ray didn't talk much, other than giving a cue that the moves were going to change, but personally, I like that about this workout. I get tired of hearing the instructors chattering like a chipmunk on these DVD's! ;)

Anyway - there's my 2 cents. If anyone has this or is planning to try it, let me know - I'd love some knockout pals on here :)

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I love the kickboxing DVD I have now, but would love to add more to my collection.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Should probably clarify, it's not really KICKboxing, just boxing. The legwork is squats - stuff like that. Just so y'all know :)

You're welcome, Heather! :))
  • johnjely
    johnjely Posts: 99
    Options
    Hm.. definitely sounds like something I'll look into! I plan on doing C25k on MWF, and need to find some DVDs to fill in my empty days. Amazon, here I come!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I just bought it from Amazon for less than $5 WITH the shipping! Now I can't wait for it to arrive!

Thanks again!