Eating below my calories but still not losing weight :(

Options
2»

Replies

• melaniemetoyer
    melaniemetoyer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    So when you log something from the database like Prego spagetti, and it gives a calorie count of 100 calories per whatever, are the noodles to be added separately? what about something like Starkist Tuna creations. I always add boiled eggs & mayo, should that be logged separately as well? I'm new to this so PLEASE bear with me. One last question, my daily goal is 1380. If I log my morning walk, that increases depending on the distance I've walked. If I don't get close to the 1380, it says I NOT eating enough? Can someone PLEASE advise?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    So when you log something from the database like Prego spagetti, and it gives a calorie count of 100 calories per whatever, are the noodles to be added separately? what about something like Starkist Tuna creations. I always add boiled eggs & mayo, should that be logged separately as well? I'm new to this so PLEASE bear with me. One last question, my daily goal is 1380. If I log my morning walk, that increases depending on the distance I've walked. If I don't get close to the 1380, it says I NOT eating enough? Can someone PLEASE advise?

You might want to start your own thread, but yes, you need to log everything you're adding to a food because the website has no way of knowing what things people might be adding to their meals. If you log a pouch of tuna, you will need to log whatever you add to it. If you log pasta sauce, you will need to log the pasta you add.

MFP's calorie goals are set before exercise. It's designed for you to eat back the calories you burn through activity. So assuming your estimate of calories burned is accurate, you will still lose weight if you eat back the extra calories you "earn" through activity. Some people eat back just a portion (50-75%) to account for potential over-estimates.
  • melaniemetoyer
    melaniemetoyer Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    thanks janejellyroll ;)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you lost 7 pounds. If that was within this month, that's a great amount.
    If you're looking to lose 29 pounds and you lost 7 in a month, don't be too worried, that rate is pretty good!

If you're going to look for perfection though, make sure you're weighing and measuring everything, check each food item for accuracy.