Self-sabotage when you get close to your goal

Options
Does this happen to anyone else? Usually when I get to the wait I currently am (8 lbs down!) I gain it back immediately. I feel like it's a mixture of my body telling me it is fine with where it's at (female, 23, 5' 5, 130 lbs), and me trying to tell myself a deserve to let loose a little and reward myself with food.

Does this happen to anyone else? I'm determined to keep the weight off. I'm wondering if I should increase my calories a tiny but (currently at a .5 lb loss). Or if I should try rewarding myself with new workout clothes or a new haircut.

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me all the time. I think it stems from having less wiggle room with accuracy the closer to goal you are; thus, frustration can come easily if logging isn't tight.

I suggest finding new rewards rather than food. Think of things you would like to earn like a spa day or something. If you know that food treats send you backwards, it might be better to work them into your daily goals and figure something else out.
  • soccerkon26
    soccerkon26 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    This used to happen to me all the time. I think it stems from having less wiggle room with accuracy the closer to goal you are; thus, frustration can come easily if logging isn't tight.

I suggest finding new rewards rather than food. Think of things you would like to earn like a spa day or something. If you know that food treats send you backwards, it might be better to work them into your daily goals and figure something else out.

Yes I agree! Stop trying to reward myself with food so much if I end up not being able to balance it. :)