Proof, again, that the scale doesn't know everything.

Options
I was really depressed over the past couple of days because I gained weight despite my religious adherence to my calorie deficit, weight training, and more recently my runs.

I bought this bikini a couple months ago in anticipation of summer and took a picture to show my best friend and boyfriend. I decided to take a picture today to compare and see how much chubbier I looked in comparison. I’m a self-deprecator, I know.

But the result I got was actually so pleasantly surprising I felt like crying.

I clearly look much smaller now, despite my weight gain, than I did two months ago.

I keep proving it to myself over and over. The scale doesn’t know ANYTHING. What really matters is body composition, not being “light".

tumblr_mpjw531FWu1qih32ko1_500.jpg

Replies

• yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great.

I also have gained a bit this week it seems despite eating within a deficit every day... definitely needed this!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    You look great! And definitely can't be a slave to the scale. Its all 'bout the measurements.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    good job you look great
  • Wonderwomarathoner
    Wonderwomarathoner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look great! I was in a plateau for about 6 weeks and very frustrated. People told me I looked thinner. I run 7-14 miles every day. Well, the scale finally caught up with everyone else. Down 4 pounds! Feels good doesn't it?!?!!?
  • Maddius
    Maddius Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Can't tell you how good it was to read and see your post. Similar story apart from buying a bikini.
    Three weeks in from bumping up from 1320 cals to 2000 and more exercise I'm weighing heavier, not depressed, but Not happy!

You look Amazing by the way, well done and Huge Thanks
  • beautyonthebeach83
    beautyonthebeach83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great. Congrats!!! :D
  • crazyten
    crazyten Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing in both pictures. i would kill to look like the before picture. I so know what you are going thru though, i have been on the same spot scale wise for longer than i care to recall. I hope that pictures will say what yours are clearly saying when i finally decde to take pics.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! If you're doing lots of exercise, burning fat and building muscle,muscle weighs heavier than fat, so that could be it. Also weight often doesn't change for a bit after you start doing more exercise, then will suddenly shift,so keep at it.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    amazing job. Great job. Thanks for this. I know that scale is evil at times but I needed a reminder.
  • boobs4ears
    Options
    You look fantastic, great isn't it what training does despite what those scales say.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! FYI love the bikini, where did you get it?
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    You have such a great shape! Love the bikini, too.
  • SoBodyMazing
    SoBodyMazing Posts: 159
    Options
    So true! I only weigh myself once a month...Looking great!
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this :smile:
    You look great!
  • Tanisse
    Tanisse Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Super encouraging! I weigh more than I look, but the scale depresses me. My trainer tells that so many people want my muscle mass and that I should be proud of it. I am, by Dr's scale obese, but I wear a size 8 pants and medium tops with a tiny waist. Although I still want to lose 20-30lbs I am happy that I still look good in the process! Thanks for the reminder!
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
    Thank you for posting this. It serves as a nice reminder for us to not just use the scale as our measuring stick.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    themeaningofthemorning Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! If you're doing lots of exercise, burning fat and building muscle,muscle weighs heavier than fat, so that could be it. Also weight often doesn't change for a bit after you start doing more exercise, then will suddenly shift,so keep at it.
    Yup, I know :) I have a lot of experience with this. I just tend to let myself forget. We're all brought up slaves to the scale and it's hard to relearn how to properly evaluate fitness and health.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    themeaningofthemorning Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! FYI love the bikini, where did you get it?
    Thanks! It's from Forever 21
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You look awesome :) And that is really encouraging, so thanks for posting!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!