Best fitband to purchase?

Options
Hey everyone,

I am currently looking to purchase a fitband (if that is what watches like FitBit & Garmins are called), and am unsure as to which brand to purchase & what type. I would like one that has at least these specifics:
• measures sleep
• measures steps
• reads heartbeat

so I'm basically looking for something that gets all the typical things done. If the fitband(?) is waterproof that is a major plus, but that is not as needed as the other qualifications I listed above. My price range goes up to about $150-$175, since I'm a college student and cannot really spare much more than that currently. Thank you ahead of time for any responses! :-)

Replies

• RedRey_
    RedRey_ Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    you can do what i did i got the fitbit blaze got a 20% off coupon at bed bath and beyond and boom in your budget and it those what you want
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    A thousand different options, a thousand different responses.

In my honest opinion Garmin is the way to go. The VivoSmart HR would be my choice.

I like the Garmin Connect Ecosystem, and I like how accurate the HR is on my VS/HR. I've tested it against my Chest Strap and it's pretty much dead on.

However if you're wanting some lesser expensive you can always find ReFirb'd Fitbits on Groupon for well under a hundred bucks.

*Edit. You can also set it up to push all your notifications to your band. The ones you pick anyway through the Garmin Connect App on your phone. Plus you'll get music controls on your wrist for when your working out and don't want to mess with the phone.
  • NO_Excuses_515
    NO_Excuses_515 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've got the Fitbit Blaze too. Using the Bed Bath & Beyond coupon on it is a great idea. Besides, steps, sleep and heartbeat, you can tell it what kind of exercise you are doing (treadmill, weights, etc.) and it does also count flights of stairs. And if you are into cool, techy gadgets, you can also set it up to notify you when you have a call or a text and to display your calendar reminders.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    However if you're wanting some lesser expensive you can always find ReFirb'd Fitbits on Groupon for well under a hundred bucks.

FWIW, I buy all of my electronics refurbished. It's cheap, and in my experience, at least equal to buying brand new. Ebay is a great source for this -- if you buy from a reputable place the item will always come with (at least) a 30-day guarantee.

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    CincyNeid wrote: »

FWIW, I buy all of my electronics refurbished. It's cheap, and in my experience, at least equal to buying brand new. Ebay is a great source for this -- if you buy from a reputable place the item will always come with (at least) a 30-day guarantee.

My original Vivofit, that've passed on and it's still working, my GoPro Hero 3 Silver, and my Wife's Garmin Forerunner 15 are all refirb'd ... all flawless in function.