Inflammatory foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    That said, if you want an ANTI inflammatory food ingredient, eat or encapsulate turmeric daily. It's been medically proven. You need to have it along with a healthy fat because the curcumin in it is fat soluble. By all means run that by your doctor as well.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Yes. woo-woo abounds.

A friend has done great on the Paleo AIP. Her skin condition, weight, energy, mood, hair texture - all better. But she retired at the same time! so I am thinking that might have had something to do with getting better.

On the other hand, an elimination diet an immunologist put my then 2 year old son on solved the mystery of his health problems fairly quickly - an allergy to milk that was making him (and his parents) miserable.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I think this is really an individual thing and people respond differently to different foods. In my case, life long sinus issues mean I react badly to dairy despite not having an allergy (my sinuses cling to something in the dairy and it blocks my airways if I have too much) and a few years ago I had a bout of stomach bugs which have led to a sensitivity to spicy food and certain fruits which I used to be able to eat by the bucket load. I have been reading books around microbes in the gut and how to help them thrive so I can hopefully enjoy spices again (yes, science books written by scientists for you pernickerty folk). What I'm saying is that I believe we each respond to foods based on our own circumstances and there is not a one size fits all approach towards reactions experienced.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Stay away from those Flamin' Hot Cheetos.