A little motivation for anybody out there who could use it

Options
This is just me talking from past experiences, so don't take this to heart; after all I'm just some nineteen year old guy on the Internet. In all honest, though I may be young but I come from a lot of experience.
You see a couple of years ago, I was a really scrawny, anorexic seventeen year old. I don't just mean the term "anorexic" as in I just looked excessively skinny. I mean the literal term. I didn't eat. I thought if I ate anything over 1500 calories I would get fat, and it caused me to get down to a worryingly small 158 pounds at a height of 6'3". But after finally figuring out that people need more food than that, and that being anorexic was causing my health to deteriorate, I wanted to gain weight and become the healthiest version of myself possible.
So starting last January, I got very into lifting weights. Now I was terrible at first. I couldn't curl more than 30 pounds with one arm (with good form) and I couldn't bench press or squat to save my life. But I kept at it. I worked my *kitten* off, and I eventually got to the point where I looked healthy. I ate 3,000 calories a day and lifted five times a week at 5:30 in the morning before school and got into the best shape of my life.
Ive had some missteps the past year but I've worked hard. Really hard. And as of right now, I am definitely the healthiest I have ever been mentally and physically. I no longer think that sugary foods or any other foods for that matter will make me instantly gain twenty pounds. I don't have the little voice telling me that I need to lose weight. I'm healthy and it's because of that hardwork and dedication to being healthy.
It's been a long road but anybody can get the results that they want. Anybody. You've just got to get into that mindset where you think that anything is possible. You have to because if you don't you'll always have those thoughts pop up in your head that say "why am I doing this? I can't reach my goals. I can't become what I want to." But you can do that. You can reach your goals and you can become who you want to be whether it's in your health, or your job, or with your grades in school. You've just got to be who you know you can become. You have to KNOW that you WILL reach your goals if you just have that mindset that you can do anything. And I think that's why I am where I am right now. Yes, I thought about giving up so many times, but I never did. I always came back and worked my *kitten* off. And for those of you thinking that it's too hard to get up and workout. All you need is just thirty minutes a day. That's all. Just thirty minutes of working your hardest and little by little, week by week you will see those results. And you will be astounded by the results after a month, after a year, and so on.
Now everybody just go out and do your best. After all that's all anybody can do. Their best. Good luck everybody and I hope you all reach the heights that you dream of. I surely haven't yet but I'm gonna work as long as I have to to get where I want to be with my life. Have a wonderful day everybody.

Replies

• AlexandriaK92
    AlexandriaK92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! It's interesting how food can be looked at as something good and something evil. For me, I'm a foodie always have and always will be. We just have to learn to find that common healthy ground. I've always been overweight and as I recently shared in a post, I'm 80lbs down and discovering a new me. I'm in my early 20s and never experienced the size I am in now, it is a huge adjustment and can be difficult to adapt. Any journey health and fitness related, it is a very mental game and knowing that we are capable of surpassing such obstacles makes us that much stronger than the weights we can lift. I, too, fell in love with working out and I find it rather addicting. My family is obese and I can only wish they can find the love that I find in working out. I can't tell you verbatim how I got into health and fitness other than something just "clicked" in my head to try something new. If you're able to tackle such an obstacle at this age, just imagine where you can go in 5 years. Keep at it and take care; have a wonderful evening!
  • DemonElvis
    DemonElvis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome how much you've conquered! Thanks for the kind words and I wish you the best of luck in your fitness journey!