What happenes if i dont so cardio?

Options
So im back at the gym but i havent been doing cardio because when i used to go before i did cardio and weight exersices at the gym and well i did lose weight but so did my arms and i didnt want them to get skinny. So what ive been doing is doing only abs and my weight routines, and with food i try to count the calories but im mostly eating meat and carbs like rice or pasta and i dont drink or eat any kind of sugars.
Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If you're doing a progressive resistance programme cardio shouldn't impact muscle loss. Losing weight too aggressively combined with only cardio and some genetics as to body shape and fat storage would cause you to lose muscle.

Cardio is good for cardio vascular health and calorie burn (yay more food) but if you don't want to do it you don't have to, no-one can force you.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Nothing terrible is going to happen but you also won't be able to prevent loss of weight (fat) in your arms, which seems to be your goal. As you lose fat, it comes off from all over your body. Picking and choosing where it comes off is not possible. You can build up specific parts of your body by using the appropriate (resistance) exercises and getting the necessary nutrition but you cannot lose fat from specific parts of your body without medical intervention (i.e., liposuction.)