Stats for IIFYM on 16:8 - do they look ok, or should I tweek

Options
Just started IIFYM combined with 16:8 and need advice. I run max of 3 miles 2-3 a week, aqua aerobics once per week and gym session 2-3 times a week. At present my gym sessions are mainly cardio but intend to start introducing weight training in about 3 weeks (post minor procedure on shoulder, unable to lift for few weeks).
I have a desk job so seated most of day but do a 30 min walk each lunchtime. I am 5ft 6, 186lbs and looking to lose fat & tone up. I used the IIFYM calculator and these are my results. Does it look right or do I need to tweek it?
  • Calories: 1602
  • Protein 149g
  • Fat 65
  • Carbs 105.2g
  • BMR 1517
  • TDEE 2002

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Calories is what matters for weight loss, so after you've calculated your calorie need to lose at an adequate rate, you only need to find a way of eating (diet+eating schedule) that fits your preferences. You are the one to decide if it needs tweaking. I'm not sure if all that protein is needed (can be utilized), but if it works for you, great!
  • VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals, lose fat? build muscle? (always recommended to build up your metabolism aka muscle before losing fat but as a newb, it is possible to do both). Try those macros and see how you feel on them for a few weeks, if you're losing too fast (you are also losing muscle so not good) up the calories a little, I suggest carbs. However it's all very dependent on your activity so try to be as consistent as possible and don't beat yourself up if you're not "perfect" because consistency is what matters not perfection. And macros do matter, especially in body composition. You want to hit your protein macros especially. Calories are most important but macros are a close second. Good luck on your fitness journey, you'll learn so much about your body if you stick with it and it's soo worth it :)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Macros look like a good starting point to me. You can adjust. Training plan and energy balance has the most effect on body composition (assuming macros are nothing extreme).

Lift some heavy stuff and profit.
  • debsfran
    debsfran Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Yesterday someone advised me to reduce my fats slightly and increase my carbs, so I have my stats on MFP at Carbs 35%, Pro 40% and Fat 25% - is this ok or should I reset it to what IIFYM stated?

VataSh: I want to lose weight & tone up and thank you for the info - very useful

Hornsby: I plan to start lifting but at present recovering from a minor shoulder procedure so unable to for another 2 week - at that time I surely intend to