Tips to lose 3-4 kg by the 7th of July

Options
Hello, so I want to try to lose 3 to 4 kg by that date. I guess it's a lot to lose in such little time but I wanted to ask advice in what to do and how much exercise in order to reach as close to that goal as possible. I'm thinking about walking daily a lot and doing either yoga or blogilates 3-4 times a week and eating around 1300 calories. I'm 5 2 and 138 pounds. After that I'll continue my weightloss of course but I just want to kickstart it a bit since I'm going to my parents for holidays and I think it will make me feel a lot better. Every opinion is welcome.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It's not going to happen. If you were to lose 3 lbs by then you'd be lucky.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    So you want to lose 3-4kg (6.6-8.8lbs) in a little less than 3 weeks? It's not going to happen in a healthy way. That is over 2lbs per weeks which is not reccomended. 2lbs per week is how much people with over 100+lbs to lose should safely lose.
  • awkwardbae
    awkwardbae Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    only that little? I thought I could lose some more because people in the forum often say that the first few kg are the fastest to lose
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Losing 8 lbs in 2 weeks is not uncommon in the first few weeks of starting a diet/exercise program due to water loss, but other than that...probably not going to happen. Just stay on course and enjoy your holiday!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    awkwardbae wrote: »
    only that little? I thought I could lose some more because people in the forum often say that the first few kg are the fastest to lose

They are but you are not too big to start with so your fastest to lose pounds are going to be small in comparison with a bigger person. When I was 202.5 lbs I lost 7 lbs in the first 3 weeks. I maintained for a year at 152 and decided to lose more. At that point I lost 3 lbs in the first 3 weeks.
  • Fasaanya
    Fasaanya Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't know why they keep saying it's unrealistic. I lose almost 1kg a week. Here's how I do it
    I eat almost 1200cals a day, trying to cut bad carbs and deep fried food. I jog/walk everyday for 5km at first now it's 10km. I do strength workouts. Try 30 Day Fit app. It's amazing.
    Drink lots of water, like 3L.
    don't have any beverages along with water besides sugar free tea.
    I hope that I helped ^^ focus on making it a lifestyle, not just a short diet.
    for any questions, I would be glad to answer what i know :) have fun!
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Fasaanya wrote: »
    I don't know why they keep saying it's unrealistic. I lose almost 1kg a week. Here's how I do it
    I eat almost 1200cals a day, trying to cut bad carbs and deep fried food. I jog/walk everyday for 5km at first now it's 10km. I do strength workouts. Try 30 Day Fit app. It's amazing.

Odds are you have more to lose than the OP. More to lose = bigger deficit between maintenance + weight loss calories = higher losses.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Odds are you have more to lose than the OP. More to lose = bigger deficit between maintenance + weight loss calories = higher losses.

Odds are, eating 1200 calories gross they are undereating and obliterating muscle whilst setting themselves up for a bunch of health problems. But yay fast loss!

Aside from that, there's no such thing as a bad carb.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options

I don't know how much you have to lose, but OP is just barely overweight with a BMI of 25.2 -- it's not generally advised to lose 1 kg a week when you're essentially down to last few "vanity pounds." Also, even if OP could match your "almost 1 kg a week," s/he is not going to drop 3 to 4 kg of fat in just 19 days (i.e., less than three weeks) (of course, water weight loss might register a couple of kg on top of any fat loss).
  • CanadianStephen
    CanadianStephen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cut way back on sodium. If you get it down to 1000 mg a day, you will probably lose a bit of weight quickly.
  • Fasaanya
    Fasaanya Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    what I mean by bad carbs is refined carbs like white bread.
    and just if you're curious, i have a BMI of 21.5 and the cals required for my maintainance are 1580cals a day, so I believe it's not wrong to have 1200. Plus, I'm trying to lose these last 7kg of fat to reach what I believe is my ideal weight. Thanks for your concern, everyone! ^^