Dreaded Soda

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    When I hated diet soda but needed to get off of sugar soda, I bought different fruity flavors of Lipton green tea bags and put them in my 32 oz water bottle.

Now I drink diet soda.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    jenniferpiotrowski0 Posts: 215 Member
    I have been cutting back pop lately and only drinking it around the holidays since I don't want to cut it out completely, so I'm looking for better alternatives too..I would reccomend trying out zipfizz as I just tried the orange soda flavored one..I'm not really a huge orange flavored fan but I feel like if you like orange pop then you'll like the orange soda flavored ones. They have other flavors like fruit punch and pink lemonade..they have a similar fizz to them like pop only they don't contain carbonated water. They have a bunch of b vitamins in them and are meant to be an energy drink but I would drink no more than 3 of them per day as suggested on the containers. You can look into zevia natural pop sweetned with stevia and teas and juices. Or even get some club soda and just add stevia with juices you like. Even if you use a few tablespoons of sugar in it..its a lot less grams of sugar in it compared to a glass or can of pop. Sparkling flavored water would also be good to look into
  • danhib
    danhib Posts: 290 Member
    danhib wrote: »
    Do you have sugar in your tea? If so cut that out. When you change your diet your taste will change and some things taste better. I can't even drink diet soda it gives me really bad acid reflux. Very rare I treat myself to one. But there is way too much sugar in soda it is really really bad for you. Try & quit it & go diet soda. I drunk a lot of diet soda & that's not good for you either if you drink too much. But it's better than full sugar. You should alternate with diet soda & water or squash. you don't want to end up like me lol

You're going to have to pry my sugary tea out of my cold, dead hands. I can't have tea other than with sweetener and a bit of sugar, because otherwise it just tastes like drinking hot water! And if I can't have tea, I'll have to deport myself. Everyone knows that British people without tea aren't really British ;) If I fit the sugar into my calories, it isn't a problem. It wouldn't be a problem for OP either.

Like everyone else has said, OP, diet soda is a perfectly fine alternative. It's 99% water and tastes almost the same as normal soda but with no calories.

Lol I've never been much of a tea drinker & haven't had sugar in my tea since 1982
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    edited June 2016
    Tea with sugar is not even in the same league as fizzy pop, calories wise. Type a couple of teaspoons of sugar into the database and compare with a glass of Coke (or similar) and you will see that not all sweetened drinks are created equal.

I'm one of those that has yet to taste an artifical sweetener I don't loathe - haven't even found one I can ignore except in minty things (mint masks the flavour).

If I want a fizzy drink and can't afford a real one, I'll combine plain soda water with a cordial or syrup. I like soda water and lime, though it's an acquired taste. And again, a dash of syrup is minimal calorie wise when compared to full sugar fizzy drinks.
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    If you don't want soda but want to soda taste/feel... Sparkling Ice drinks are awesome to me!! Very bubbly, refreshing, yum
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Diet soda seems like the glaringly obvious answer.
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    I love Diet Dr Pepper that i actually visited their website, there was a great entry in the FAQ

"What is the flavor of Dr Pepper supposed to be?"
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    Love that Dreaded Soda, but it's hard to find it unless you're in Jamaica. It's like Pepsi but chiller.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Love that Dreaded Soda, but it's hard to find it unless you're in Jamaica. It's like Pepsi but chiller.

Have you tried Amazon?
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    akf2000 wrote: »
    I love Diet Dr Pepper that i actually visited their website, there was a great entry in the FAQ

I feel like I just got tricked into visiting the site. :|
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    JaneSnowe wrote: »

sorry! this was ages ago, they've probably redesigned. It was more the phrasing, not "what is it meant to taste of", or "what flavour is it?" but "what is it supposed to be" hahahah just cracks me up.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    JaneSnowe wrote: »

sorry! this was ages ago, they've probably redesigned. It was more the phrasing, not "what is it meant to taste of", or "what flavour is it?" but "what is it supposed to be" hahahah just cracks me up.

Oh ok. Glad you said that... I started to suspect you were a paid shill! :wink:
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Not sure how much you actually drink, do drink sugar soda less often. Simple solution. Cut back by one per day, then two, etc.
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    I wasn't notified of any of the replies!! Oops. I love everyone's input and I greatly appreciate it!!

I enjoy tea without sugar!! Don't get me wrong, I also love sweet tea and drink it when offered. But I'm not even tempted to add anything to tea I brew myself.

For a little while I was only buying single bottles. But then I was going in daily and possibly buying other junk. Ended up being pricey and a poor deterrent.

I may get some sparkling water -- I know it's sweetened with some less-than-healthy things, but maybe it'll help ween me off!!

And I have considered drinking diet. The few times I had it in the past, it was awful tasting to me. Though I think it was diet Coke I had. So perhaps I'll give Dr.Pepper and Sierra Mist a try as well. c:
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    I hate Diet Coke but love Coke Zero. Tastes much better in my opinion.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    I hate Diet Coke but love Coke Zero. Tastes much better in my opinion.

Same here. Diet Coke I cannot stand, but Coke Zero is great.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    I honestly never got the big deal. I would much rather have a candy bar or a piece of cake. Besides it's only like 150 calories for a can which isn't a big deal if you only drink one. Sure it's not as healthy as a banana and it's useless calories but, everyone has a vice. Just drink one? Make it your after work snack like some people do with beer when you will enjoy it more?
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    edited July 2016
    Coke Zero and Cherry Coke Zero are what I drink now instead of regular coke or pepsi. I drink sometimes two bottles a day... I've lost 172lbs.. hasn't hindered me at all.

The only diet pop I can tolerate is Diet Dr. Pepper.