calories in drinks

Options
Hi there
I know this probably sounds really stupid but I've had 2 latte's and a G&T today so I've actually used all my calories up so I'm not having a meal is it ok to drink calories? ? I feel ok and don't feel hungry
xx

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    How big were those lattes and the G&T?!

It's not terrible but I would be a ravenous beast tomorrow.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    I know this probably sounds really stupid but I've had 2 latte's and a G&T today so I've actually used all my calories up so I'm not having a meal is it ok to drink calories? ? I feel ok and don't feel hungry
    xx

I take this to mean that you either prepare your lattes in small buckets, or are on a ridiculously low-calorie diet.

Either way, no. Drinking your calories is nowhere near the realm of "healthy". You're getting nothing in the way of fibre, vitamins, or minerals in what you've listed. That's an entire day's worth of calories (which I'm still curious about) with zero nutritional value whatsoever.
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi there
    xx

I don't know what a G&T is, but lattes cannot be THAT many calories unless you are dumping a ton of sugar in them! A latte without the added sugar is simply milk and espresso!

How many calories are you calculating for your lattes? What type of milk? How many ounces?
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Your brain and body need actual food, healthy food, with all its components. I'm sorry you drank your calories.
    I prefer to eat my calories and drink water or unsweetened tea with my meal. Maybe you should try it, you might like it. :)
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Also, what is your calorie goal?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    More information is needed here with regard to your calorie allowance and how you prepared these drinks but if those three drinks are really your entire allowance then you need to modify what you are adding to the drinks because it's not okay to do. Maybe just for today, but your body needs actual food.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    xx

I don't know what a G&T is, but lattes cannot be THAT many calories unless you are dumping a ton of sugar in them! A latte without the added sugar is simply milk and espresso!

How many calories are you calculating for your lattes? What type of milk? How many ounces?

Gin and tonic? Also at Starbucks their lattes are LOADED with sugar. I know my daughter has had a frappacino (which is just a milkshake, who's kidding who?) That was my whole day's worth of calories for me.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    G&T is gin and tonic, not terribly calorific either.

To clarify my earlier post, one day of drinking calories isn't terrible. But as I originally asked, more info as to how three drinks is swallowing your whole day of calories.
  • Nurse_81
    Nurse_81 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1000 per day, I was on a very low calorie meal replacement diet but I have now added a meal into my diet so upped my calories as I felt that I wasn't eating enough
    The latte were 260 calories will just check how much a G&T is as I've forgotten
    Thanks for the replies, I find this forum really helpful
  • Nurse_81
    Options
    Gin and tonic is 115 calories
  • Nurse_81
    Options
    I have eaten breakfast and lunch just to clarify!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, unless you are very short, 1000 calories is crazy low, making it very difficult to get adequate nutrition. Losing weight very fast can lead to losing a lot of muscle mass and a faster burnout and rebound.

Eat another small meal so you don't end up so hungry tomorrow you excessively overeat. And please consider eating at least 1,200 cals net per day! Best of luck :)
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    xx

If what you're asking is if you won't lose weight because you drank your calories then no, it doesn't matter where you get your calories from, as long as you don't go over your allowance. It's not healthy to drink your calories like that but I imagine it's a one off and you don't do it every day so in this instance I don't see anything wrong with it.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with the 1000 calories a day? That seems really low. Food provides vital macro and micro nutrients you won't get through drinking most of your calories through Starbucks lattes.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I have eaten breakfast and lunch just to clarify!
    Hi, OP..I had a couple of questions..
    So, just to clarify, you're basically asking about skipping dinner because of the drinks, then? Your original OP said you weren't having a meal because you drank away your calories for the day, so just wanted to be sure. When you say you've "eaten" breakfast and lunch, are you talking about MR shakes, or actual food?
    Also one other question since you said you've upped your calories and people are going to ask about it...did you start at 1000 and up your calories higher than that, or were your calories originally lower than 1000, and you upped them to 1000 currently?
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with skipping a meal and drinking your calories. Just make sure you are getting adequate nutrition. I often have coffee and heavy cream for breakfast as I work 12 hr shifts and don't have time for breakfast.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I slipped up and drank allthe calories I had been saving for dinner, I would have dinner anyway, go over my limit for the day, draw a line under it and move on. I do not do well with skipping meals, and if I felt I needed to do that after making a mistake, it would drive me off the wagon.

Stuff happens. Sometimes you misjudge calories, and it's an easy mistake to make, especially with drinks - Starbucks and similar are basically cake in a cup. Sometimes a mistake can't practically be undone, and the best thing to do is learn from it and give yourself a break.

I agree 1000cal is too low unless you are very very short, 1200 is on the very edge of what's doable in my experience. I would seriously consider increasing your allowance.