Do facial folds diminish with weight loss?

Options
I've recently started to notice folds under my eyes, from my nose to my mouth. I think they're nasolabial folds. Do they usually diminish with weight loss?

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Not in my experience.
  • adoette
    adoette Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    They can depending on the person, but nasolabial folds tend to become more distinct as we age.

If you have chipmunk cheeks like me and lose some weight in your face the contrast between the two areas may lessen, but if the folds are distinct lines it's probably something that will stay the same.
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Actually, they aren't really nasolabial folds, but I can't seem to find the word for them. Here is an image. There is a sort of crease separating my eye and nose.
    rtr3s4mawnbc.jpg
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    From what I have observed in myself and others that crease will become less noticeable. However, nasolabial folds may become more pronounced with weight loss though I think that is more dependent on age. You look young and have good skin so I don't think you're going to have an increase in lines, though if you lose a lot of weight quickly it may take a little while for your body, including your face to adjust. When I lost my weight too quickly it looked like someone let all the air out of my face, but the skin firmed up in a few months. However, I almost 40 so my skin is not as elastic as it used to be. Again, you appear to have great skin that looks like it will be resilient. Good luck on your journey!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Do you mean eye bags?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Also known as laugh lines.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I think you need more sleep.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Or it's just genetic. Many people with this condition have it throughout the family.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    OP you look really tired. Those look like eye bags too me.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Combination of tired and genetics. I like my sister have ever present bags, they come in bad or really bad depending on diet/ lack of sleep. We also have shadows above our eyes often mistaken for eyeshadow.
  • doogledoggle
    doogledoggle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you look just lovely. Your skin is beautiful, your eyes are so very pretty and im assuming you have naturally dark long hair. Please dont fret about facial imperfections or lines. I did similar when i was younger and what a waste of time it was.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    OP you look really tired. Those look like eye bags too me.

She is talking about the bumps on the both sides of the nose , above the laugh lines.
    About the eye bags - some people/races have natural dark pigmentation around their eyes, so not necessarily tired.

OP, about the bumps you're asking. After I gained (quickly) my weight I noticed some forming on my face too. After I lost half of the gained weight they have almost disappeared for me.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    They say that you can have a nice, smooth, (fat) face, or a tight *kitten*. Your *kitten* or your face. Pick one.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    You look like you have nice skin. It probably will adjust without problems because of youth.

For under eyes I use Clinique "line smoothing concealer" found at department stores . It comes with a sponge tip and the lady at the counter can match it perfectly so it doesn't even show. No one can even tell I have dark circles. :)
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I think you have GREAT SKIN!! But I believe rest and hydration work. :)