you would weigh... not working

Options
It keeps saying I would weigh 143.9 pounds.
Thats great but I think its broken...for the past week

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Ignore that notice, not even helpful. It estimates what you would weigh in 5 weeks if you ate EXACTLY THE SAME WAY.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Why is this in the maintenance section?

But yeah, it's not accurate. Weight loss isn't linear.

• griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You may be exchanging body fat (which takes up more space) for muscle (which takes up less space) even though the weight is the same. How are your clothes fitting; are they getting looser or fitting about the same. You might want to try a different scale (at work or in a gym, etc.).
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It has always been broken for me for two solid years.

I have yet to test the exact same foods, exact exercise for 5 solid weeks to see if this works..LOL

For me though, this is a demotivator and hate this thing on my diary and wish I could turn that dang thing off!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

I have yet to test the exact same foods, exact exercise for 5 solid weeks to see if this works..LOL

For me though, this is a demotivator and hate this thing on my diary and wish I could turn that dang thing off!

If you don't hit the button to complete your day, it doesn't show up. Your entries are still saved either way. I never hit that button & haven't seen that message in ages.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I find it a useful way of monitoring how much "damage" I am likely to have done when I go off plan, like this Friday when a colleague threw me a leaving party; if it would take me 5 weeks to get to x, 1 night is unlikely to be a problem.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »

If you don't hit the button to complete your day, it doesn't show up. Your entries are still saved either way. I never hit that button & haven't seen that message in ages.

I really never thought about not pushing the button.. I really do hate this stupid thing! I will make sure my Garmin device does not need this saved to calculate everything on their side, and if not this will never be saved again! LOL
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    amyk0202 wrote: »

I really never thought about not pushing the button.. I really do hate this stupid thing! I will make sure my Garmin device does not need this saved to calculate everything on their side, and if not this will never be saved again! LOL

Shouldn't influence it at all.

OP, that predictive number tends to not be very accurate for many people (some find it to be really accurate). Sometimes I look at it and think "wow, that would be awesome" but other days, not so much. It's really just a guess, based on the guesstimate of your calories in and the guesstimate of your calories out. So you can see there's a margin of error in it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's inaccurate for weight loss, but I bet if I over ate and did zero exercise it would be spot on! And no, I'm not willing to test out my theory :tongue:
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's "broken" as such... I think you are expecting more from it that it can deliver.

I just see it as a way to give me feedback on what happened today.... if I eat way over my cals then I get feedback at the end of the day that I'm going to put on weight if I keep this up. Simple as that.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    The only sure fire way to test out its accuracy would be to eat the exact same food containing the exact same calories and do the exact same exercise every single day for 5 straight weeks.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    The only sure fire way to test out its accuracy would be to eat the exact same food containing the exact same calories and do the exact same exercise every single day for 5 straight weeks.

And not to have any changes to your training plan, any illnesses, hormonal changes etc.
    That's why I don't treat it as a prediction, just as feedback on my day.
  • BikeTourer
    BikeTourer Posts: 191 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Once you are in maintenance, it doesn't much matter. It was fairly accurate for me but I was pretty darn consistent with my deficit and logging food/exercise when I was losing. I believe it is more accurate if you keep the deficit consistent because not only your food but your exercise also factors in to the projection.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »

And not to have any changes to your training plan, any illnesses, hormonal changes etc.

OMG yes, there's all that to consider too. Plus we are not perfect machines that work the same way and do as they're told :wink:
  • hamstertango
    hamstertango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »

And no fun!

If I took it as a rough guide it was pretty accurate for me during weightloss phase and helped me not panic about piling on the pounds when I went to maintenance-ish on a weeks holiday/vacation
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Ignore it.... its just a prediction and it never was anywhere close for me when I was trying to lose....
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Ignore that mine says I should be gaining weight eating what I am eating but I am not