Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

At home work outs?

As I've mentioned before, I've been taking metformin to help with weight loss and I lost 4 pounds within the first two days. However, even with eating healthy and the medication, I've decided some exercise will help too. I don't go to a gym, but I do have a yoga mat, two 5 pound hand weights, and a glider (I think that's what it's called?). What are some/where to find good at home workouts for weightloss?

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Youtube will have all the workouts you could ever want. As above, I'm a Fitness Blender fan, pretty much the only workouts I do aside from the odd run.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    YouTube has lots of yoga videos. Yoga with Adrienne and Yoga with Kassandra are my favorites.

I use Convict Conditioning (free pdf online) as a bodyweight strength training program. Strong Curves has a bodyweight version too. For any exercises that you're not sure about, you can find a YouTube video showing you how to do it.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    I second Yoga with Adriene. She has an entire playlist dedicated to beginners and a foundations of Yoga series where she breaks down some of the more common poses.
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    koslowkj wrote: »
    I second Yoga with Adriene. She has an entire playlist dedicated to beginners and a foundations of Yoga series where she breaks down some of the more common poses.

I did a 30 days of yoga beginner challenge of hers after I had my son. It was very well done.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,110 Member
    The Betty Rocker 30 day challenge is a great one
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    bodybuilding.com is packed full of videos and tutorials on how to do each exercise. You could start out doing some body weight exercises and using your existing hand weights and then decide if you want to buy any more equipment. I bought a treadmill in February and it's the best thing I ever did for me weight loss. I use it 5 days a week for 45 mins and workout with weights for 30 mins. I have 2 'rest' days for muscle recovery.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred levels 1 and 2 are free on YouTube.
    I also get total body weight workout lists off Pinterest. That's what I'm doing right now and I add in 8 mins of hiit cardio moves like jumping jacks, butt kicks, high knees etc.
  • hybridtheory45
    hybridtheory45 Posts: 84 Member
    I 3rd Fitness Blender. They are the only workouts I do, because I don't need any others.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    I like yoga with Adrienne too. :D
  • shumm090
    shumm090 Posts: 23 Member
    Fitness blender fan here. Completely changed my life and how I workout. I definitely recommend you check them out.
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Blogilates. Cassey's workouts are a bit hard but others are durable. She has quick workouts and full workouts.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Fitness blender convert here! Also try Jessica Smith's workouts on youtube. For dvds I recommend Cathe Freidrich. She has step, hiit, low impact cardio, plyometrics, weight training, and a couple of yoga and spinning workouts.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Fitness blender changed my life!!! I used to hate working out before FB. :)
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 669 Member
    I work out all from YouTube:
    Betty Rocker, Melissa Bender, Fitness Blender, Jessica Smith. I use them all. Never get bored. Keeps your body guessing.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I also get total body weight workout lists off Pinterest. That's what I'm doing right now and I add in 8 mins of hiit cardio moves like jumping jacks, butt kicks, high knees etc.

Our treadmill came with a Jillian Michaels Level 1 memory card and I'm working through that program now.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member

If this might be a bit much for you, Jillian also has a super Beginner Shred program.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Evieelena wrote: »
    Check out millionaire hoy on YouTube, he has amazing hiit workouts!

millionaire hoy's workouts are good, but some of them are way advanced for most people I dont know how he does some of them lol. I love fitnessblender as well.
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Leslie Samson walking away the pounds on you. Tube,yhere are different levels
  • pianoplaya94
    pianoplaya94 Posts: 185 Member
    I like running... I don't need the gym for that (although I do have to leave my house :p )