Training or rest day?

Options
13»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Now started training upper and lower days instead of muscle group splits.

Anyone else done this before?

Yeah. I've done PHUL which is upper and lower, two power days and two strength days. I run a DUP style training now so I don't have muscle group days. Some days I bench, deadlift, and squat in the same day. Sometimes just bench and squat, etc. Two days I add accessories and I split them by upper and lower.
  • hannahsadler_tn
    hannahsadler_tn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I shredded my back pulling a PR on deadlifts Wednesday so I took yesterday off for an extra recovery day. I did triceps today/upper back today. I really enjoyed going to the gym on Saturday morning.. Very quiet and I was super rested from two days off!!
  • IAmThunderHawk
    IAmThunderHawk Posts: 231 Member
    Options

I run Wendlers 531 program and it's a fundamentally upper lower split.
    On the 11th cycle for this past year.

I'm quite surprised how intense it is training this way. Haven't had doms like this for a long time!
  • IAmThunderHawk
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Yeah. I've done PHUL which is upper and lower, two power days and two strength days. I run a DUP style training now so I don't have muscle group days. Some days I bench, deadlift, and squat in the same day. Sometimes just bench and squat, etc. Two days I add accessories and I split them by upper and lower.

Nice!!
  • IAmThunderHawk
    Options
    Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I shredded my back pulling a PR on deadlifts Wednesday so I took yesterday off for an extra recovery day. I did triceps today/upper back today. I really enjoyed going to the gym on Saturday morning.. Very quiet and I was super rested from two days off!!

What was the PR!?! Don't leave us hanging like that!
  • Turb2o
    Turb2o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Sunday day of rest more like 8am empty gym heavy back day rest day go and Chase the pokemons of something
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to go for a hot, nasty ride...I was going to go this morning while it was cool out, but I had to fix the A/C before it heated up today...A/C is working, but now it's 105* and I need to get my ride in. I'd skip it, but I'm two weeks out from my TT and have already missed some significant training time this summer nursing some nagging injuries.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    gym day
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Sunday!! Gotta start training on Sunday. Volume Squats, heavy bench, and hip thrusts today.
  • ObsidianMist
    Options
    rest day
  • IAmThunderHawk
    Options
    Upper today, low volume, heavy weights. I am done in.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Training legs. Hypertrophy day.
  • ObsidianMist
    Options
    gym day. increased my squat from 115 to 120lbs, and got some tips on my deadlift form from one of the trainers. good day.
  • IAmThunderHawk
    Options
    gym day. increased my squat from 115 to 120lbs, and got some tips on my deadlift form from one of the trainers. good day.

Get on!