Don't like the way I look...help

Hi everyone. Ok so I've lost about 44lbs so far since September 2015. Stalled for the last 2 months (no loss no gain) simply from not caring anymore. I still have around 30 more lbs to go. My problem is I don't like the way I look. I have the dreaded "Apple" shape and even with weight loss it's still tragic. Is there anyway I can gain a butt, a shape, through a specific workout? I don't have access to a gym. Any workouts would have to be done at home without equipment. I know I can't change my body type but being shaped like a fish is depressing.

sbyqriw1yv9u.jpeg

Replies

• Fasaanya
    Fasaanya Posts: 300 Member
    Squats. They are magical.
    Try this "30 Day Fit" app, it's amazing
    Hope you get to be in great shape as soon as possible. ♥
    By the way, you have a pretty body ^-^ (Y)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    You look to have the foundations of a pretty good butt there! And you have a shapely waist. You're already the envy of plenty of women. Learning to find the positives will help you so much.

Otherwise, you can do full body workouts as a general starter, making sure to get in lots of squats and lunges which are great for shaping the legs and bum. All these can be done with just body weight or weighted with dumbbells (adjustable ones are great for at home).

I personally love Fitness Blender, on Youtube and their own website. Then there's You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning which I have seen recommended. I believe there's also a body weight Strong Curves/Bret Contreras plan available.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Oh and PS. You also look to have great legs, envious over here!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Squats are magic. Keep a wider than shoulder stance to work those glutes.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,841 Member
    I think you look great! What a progress! Oh, and I totally love your hair :smiley:
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Fasaanya wrote: »
    Squats. They are magical.
    Try this "30 Day Fit" app, it's amazing
    Hope you get to be in great shape as soon as possible. ♥
    By the way, you have a pretty body ^-^ (Y)

Thank you I just downloaded the app
  • kissedbythesunshine
    You look to have the foundations of a pretty good butt there! And you have a shapely waist. You're already the envy of plenty of women. Learning to find the positives will help you so much.

Otherwise, you can do full body workouts as a general starter, making sure to get in lots of squats and lunges which are great for shaping the legs and bum. All these can be done with just body weight or weighted with dumbbells (adjustable ones are great for at home).

I personally love Fitness Blender, on Youtube and their own website. Then there's You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning which I have seen recommended. I believe there's also a body weight Strong Curves/Bret Contreras plan available.

Thanks. Will go on YouTube and see what I find
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    Squats are magic. Keep a wider than shoulder stance to work those glutes.

How many squats per day? How long does it usually take to start seeing results?
  • Kait_Dee
    Kait_Dee Posts: 176 Member
    Another great exercise is deadlifting. It's a total body movement - it'll help transform your body from neck to calves - deadlifting, squatting, benching and rowing have changed my whole body in the past two years. No more mum-bum here!

12u38mec375d.jpeg

Here's a website with some neat alternatives: http://www.alkavadlo.com/body-weight-exercises/bodyweight-deadlift-alternatives/

Good luck miss!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Check out the web site of Bret Contreras. He is known as The Glute Guy. He has the top butt building techniques.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    You may need to purchase some weights to use at home but you can get them cheap at Walmart. :) That's where I get mine.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    As you continue your weight loss your curves will continue to improve and the "pear" shape you refer to will begin to change. Exercising will help you look even better as you reduce fat and increase muscle.

That being said... I am very impressed with what you have accomplished. You are looking great! Remember that it takes time. Don't focus so much on the end, but the little accomplishments along the way.

If you only have access to stuff around the house lunges are always good too. 44lb loss is excellent. Great job so far!