Taking complete ownership

Options
Hello,

Today I decided to enter my stats since my last entry was 5/28 boasting a 10 lb weight loss. Here's the thing, since 5/28 I only lost 2 lbs. Well, perhaps I lost more but gained it back. This morning started off rocky by eating left over Chinese food for breakfast (I didn't even want it). But this I know, I can do better. I will do better And I need to STOP making excuses. I really do.

So for the remainder of the day I will be in control and tomorrow.... well that is another day.

Replies

• dac097
    dac097 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I was finding success, losing weight at a slow but steady pace and then stalled. I have at least been able to keep myself from giving up completely, which is what I would have done in the past even though it makes no logical sense. So I now i can't even say I'm of okay with no more forward progress because I'm starting to move backwards and gaining a few of the 30 pounds I've lost so far. I am not going to let myself do this! I need to remind myself that allowing myself to eat too much is not a kindness--I am only hurting myself! I know not every day will be perfect and that is okay. I'm not going to allow a few bad decisions become the start of a new habit because I am the only one who will suffer for it. I deserve to be healthy and have the strength and energy to live a full life.

Hoping you are finding success today!
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    dac097 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I was finding success, losing weight at a slow but steady pace and then stalled. I have at least been able to keep myself from giving up completely, which is what I would have done in the past even though it makes no logical sense. So I now i can't even say I'm of okay with no more forward progress because I'm starting to move backwards and gaining a few of the 30 pounds I've lost so far. I am not going to let myself do this! I need to remind myself that allowing myself to eat too much is not a kindness--I am only hurting myself! I know not every day will be perfect and that is okay. I'm not going to allow a few bad decisions become the start of a new habit because I am the only one who will suffer for it. I deserve to be healthy and have the strength and energy to live a full life.

Hoping you are finding success today!

First, congrats on the 30 lb weight loss. That is fabulous! And second, you hit the nail on the hammer, we DO deserve to be healthy. We both know that there are times when we stumble, so it is then when we ask ourselves, "what happened to make us fall off the wagon?" For me it is a stressful day at work. But the feeling I get after coping with that stress with food is worse than the stress itself. And this realization just came to me. So no more stress eating. Better yet, I need to change myself so when in a stressful situation, I can handle it. We DO deserve to be healthy.
  • AndrewD315
    AndrewD315 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Put yourself (your getting health self) as your #1 priority and make it happen no matter what. Sounds selfish but a healthy and fit you can handle all the other things that are wrong or need addressing much better. Will send request, I have an open diary, check it out. Only you can control your progress and you have to make it happen, friends can help!