Chafing From Running

Options
2»

Replies

• mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of running shorts from old navy that are a pair of compression shorts and a pair of running shorts in one, and they are my favourite.
  • BlondeTheHardWay
    BlondeTheHardWay Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Body glide saved my thighs! Then I got compression shorts and they help a lot too. When you get that chafing and the skin turns RED and it feels like you are losing your skin, I use A&D ointment AFTER I apply Ace Cold Compresses to the chafed area. Believe ME!! You need to take the HEAT out of your skin and reduce the swelling then put that goopy stuff on and watch TV.

Sometimes its just the way we are made. Even slender ladies can have thighs that rub so stock up on the Body Glide.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I don't chafe nearly as much as I used to and still losing. I can wear skirts with just Bodyglide in the summer now but prior I used Bandelettes. Total genius. I don't know if they'd work for running. I have longer shorts for indoor workouts and as others, wear capri tights for outdoors but yeah, Bandelettes for summer chafe!
  • aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    DanSTL82 wrote: »
    A+D ointment when you're not running.

This works for me
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I don't chafe nearly as much as I used to and still losing. I can wear skirts with just Bodyglide in the summer now but prior I used Bandelettes. Total genius. I don't know if they'd work for running. I have longer shorts for indoor workouts and as others, wear capri tights for outdoors but yeah, Bandelettes for summer chafe!

Thanks @VintageFeline , I'd never heard of Bandalettes, they look very cool! I might have to get some of them next summer. Too cold right now, I'm in pants or tights so there's no problem, but they look fantastic when the sun comes back :)
  • mumfy23
    mumfy23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    vaseline or deodorant. I didn't think body glide really helped that much.
  • jenniswylie
    jenniswylie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Compression shorts work well.

This. I went to winners and bought legging style shorts, and a longer tank top to cover my butt lol. I also bought running shorts with compression shorts attached = no. they just rolled up and made my run unbareable. Legging shorts that come to the knee!
  • VanessaBenoit1
    VanessaBenoit1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You should definitely try them next summer. Bandelettes work amazingly well. They stay on perfectly with silicone and look awesome with shorts and skirts. Be sure to measure before buying.

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Longer shorts definitely help. I wore longer shorts all through playing soccer due to thick thighs. Body Glide and Trail Toes are great to help prevent chaffing.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide or compression shorts have been a lifesaver for me. I also discovered these shorts from New Balance, and they work perfectly. (I buy a pair whenever I spot them on sale).

https://www.amazon.com/New-Balance-Womens-Impact-5-Inch/dp/B00DJTJX02/ref=pd_sim_200_5?ie=UTF8&dpID=31t5jFWzz8L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR123,160_&refRID=2WYT9X8E8628RAT0NAJW
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    another vote for body glide for running, and it's pretty cheap at target or on amazon. bandlettes for skirts and dresses though. i LOVE them.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    What about a pair of those capri running tights that are so popular right now with the mesh panels all through them? They seem like they'd be as cool as shorts but give you the inner-thigh coverage.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts. Body glide works well but you'll need to reapply it every so often depending on how much you're sweating.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    like body glide
    vaseline can stain clothing.
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Body glide...
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    like body glide
    vaseline can stain clothing.

Yes! I've ruined many white shirts using vasoline (guys get nipple chafing). Body Glide works well, is non-staining, but has an odd aroma that some find offensive. I've switched over to Blister Shield roll-on. It's worth every penny.

It's been mentioned before, but even slender people will chafe, especially in damp or humid weather.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i was wrong. i actually use Rocket Pure antichafe stick and it works extremely well. just a different type of body glide