Healthy Breakfast Ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Oats and eggs. Sorted.

EDIT - WHOLE EGGS!! Not just egg whites. Not eating the yolks is silly. (unless of course you generally dislike it)

I second eggs and oatmeal, but I personally prefer egg whites to whole eggs. I also add fresh berries to my oatmeal. It's pretty much amazing...
  • Kellyscupcake
    Kellyscupcake Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just made banana pancakes this morning. One ripe banana, one egg (I added cinnamon) cook them line a pancake. Yum.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This morning I had a whole grain waffle with 1 tbsp. peanut butter & a drizzle of sugar free syrup. Other things I have frequently are two whole eggs scrambled and topped with chunky salsa, or homemade low calorie/lowfat oatmeal banana bread topped with 1 tbsp. peanut butter.
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Try this pancake:

1/4 c cottage cheese
    1/4 c egg whites
    1/4 c oats
    1/4tsp baking powder

Blend until it looks like pancake batter. Cook. I like to add peanut butter and banana slices on top of it. It is full of protein and tastes really good.
  • bgtoepfer
    bgtoepfer Posts: 23
    Options
    Non-fat greek yogurt (Fage is my fav), mixed with 1/4 cup of Bare Naked protein granola, and an apple.
    100% whole wheat toast (1 slice) with natural peanut butter and an apple.
    Hard boiled egg and an apple (easy to carry).
    Breakfast smoothie: 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk (or almond/rice/soy), 1 small banana (almost frozen), 2 TB natural peanut butter, 2 TB Hershey chocolate syrup; and blend! Enjoy with......wait for it....... an apple!
    :drinker:
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the flatbread breakfast sandwiches at Subway. You can get it with egg whites and all the veggies you want. I can usually only finish 1/2 the sandwich at breakfast and eat the other half as a mid-morning snack. Yummy!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    frozen banana x 1
    soy milk 1/2 cup - 1 cup ( depending on how thick you want it)

mix in blender
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Cereal with 1/2 cup of 2% milk and a banana
    100 Calorie wrap with 2 tbsp of PB2 and a banana
    Two eggs topped with moz. cheese and 2 tbsp of hummis
    100 Caloire english muffing with 2 tbsp of PB2
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I love eating scrambled egg whites with partly skimmed mozzarella, I usually do 8 egg whites and 1/4 cup of shredded mozza, don't even need to add any salt or pepper and I cook it dry in a teflon pan so it's pretty healthy and high protein.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    If I have breakfast, it's typically something with eggs. For work, usually an egg and a slice of cheese on an english muffin and mixed fruit later on. Or I will bake eggs and veggies in a muffin pan so I have an easy grab and go breakfast ready.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    All-bran flakes
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    EGG WHITES!!!

and oatmeal :)

Ever since I started eating egg whites for breakfast, my life changed. I go into work at 8 but don't get lunch until 230 sometimes so it helps me stay full all day long!! One day, I didn't have egg whites and I was starving by 10am!! just make sure you get lots of protein!
  • jennaplease
    jennaplease Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast everyday because I love what I make to eat.

I have 1/3 cup Belgian waffle mix for 120 calories
    with sugar free syrup 20 calories
    fruit 50
    peanut butter (optional) 95

Only 285 calories and it's so delicious!

Also if you have no time----> make a ton of hard boiled eggs in the beginning of the week and everyday for breakfast eat two with any piece of fruit. (preferably an orange or grapefruit.
  • sonbeam
    sonbeam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a ViSalus shake. It is delicious and nutritious, it gives me energy and keeps me full for a few hours. I find it quick and convenient especially on the days I don't feel like eating breakfast. :smile:
  • Kylwalton
    Kylwalton Posts: 8
    Options
    Go to Whole Foods (or anywhere that sells grains in bulk) and buy a 1/2 scoop of millet, 1/2 scoop amaranth, 1/2 scoop buckwheat groats, 1 scoop quinoa, 2 scoops steel cut oats, and 1/4 scoop chia seeds. Mix together in large container.

Cook 1/2 cup in 2 cups water for about ten minutes. Let stand a minute or two (can do the night before and reheat) This is cheap, easy, nutritious, and will fill you up until lunch. The mixture will last several weeks.
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I toast a multi-grain waffle and top it with blueberries and a tablespoon of cool whip. ( I prefer frozen bluberries because when you defrost them they have a natural liquid that replaces sugary syrup. )
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with Special K Flat bread sandwiches. They are 200 calories and usually plenty to keep me satisfied until lunch. They have one with ham egg and pepperjack cheese. Yum!

I just recently had this one too with the pepperjack cheese and it was so good! I was addicted to them. I ate the whole box in like 4 days. LOL
  • ASB2683
    ASB2683 Posts: 12
    Options
    I love the breakfast burrito I've cooked up, and it's low in calories too!

Lawash Original Recipe - Lower Carb Whole Wheat Wraps, 1 slice/wrap 70 calories (can get this at Cub)
    Applegate Farms - Breakfast Sausage, Chicken & Sage, 2 links 67 calories
    Onions - Sweet, raw, 0.05 onion 5 calories
    Kirkland Signature (Costco) - Egg Whites - 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 6 Tbsp ( 46g) 50 calories
    192 calories total