Last 10 lbs what to do?

Options
I am acting like when I was fat! I was suppose to be 4 lbs lighter by now and only 6 lbs away from goal but I am binging and can't stop, but not going over my maintenance allowance. I want to go in a deficit again and my brain is screaming for food before bedtime after I already consumed 1300 calories (I am a shortie). I eat a balanced nutrition and hit my protein, fat, fiber and carbs everyday on the spot. I drink water and wait but this is not working. I also drink tea to help any cravings but here I am attacking the kitchen at 10 pm every night. :(

Replies

• ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    You might consider taking a diet break for a couple of weeks and then returning to a deficit. The idea is to normalize your hormones which could help with the increased hunger.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    You might consider taking a diet break for a couple of weeks and then returning to a deficit. The idea is to normalize your hormones which could help with the increased hunger.

I am considered to be on a diet break since I have been in maintenance not intentionally in the last 4 weeks. I am 45 yrs old and hormones probably not stable. I might stick with maintenance for another week or two and see. Thank you ilex70!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    What's your deficit set at? My advice is to change to 1/2 pound per week and see how that goes.

You know you're overeating, so what about planning a snack for 10 pm?
  • zestyzesty
    zestyzesty Posts: 57 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am not anywhere as close to target as you but I hit similar problems a couple of times. I would say since it is late at night, fill up on protein and salady-snacks. High protein yoghurts like the Skyr or Greek-style ones are good. As for snacks, celery, peppers, carrots. If you need some carbs, I would go for oats as they realease sugar steadily so won't leave you wired all night. Good luck, you're so close. Don't be hard on yourself. You have already done so well. Be kind to the body that has carried you through this :-)
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    Tried to eat at a deficit which was set at .5 lbs " zyxst"and this did not work. still wanting to reach maintenance and that is when my brain stops asking for food. Even if I save a snack till later I still want to eat more. something is off with my body and I think I just have to be patient and try every day to make it better until this stops.
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    kittymou wrote: »
    I am not anywhere as close to target as you but I hit similar problems a couple of times. I would say since it is late at night, fill up on protein and salady-snacks. High protein yoghurts like the Skyr or Greek-style ones are good. As for snacks, celery, peppers, carrots. If you need some carbs, I would go for oats as they realease sugar steadily so won't leave you wired all night. Good luck, you're so close. Don't be hard on yourself. You have already done so well. Be kind to the body that has carried you through this :-)

I do think sugar plays a big role in this, and may be cut it out entirely for a few weeks then introduce it again moderation -- might kick start the weight loss!!
  • magicmarigold
    magicmarigold Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem. Lost ten pounds with ideally another ten to go, and I've completely lost motivation, been eating rubbish for the last week or so and have put on 2 lbs. I just can't get past 148 and stay there, and this is not a good weight for me, I'm at the top of my healthy bmi weight but looking at me there is definately more to lose.

For me I'm starting again this week, I've reset my goal from 1 pound to half a pound a week BUT I'm aiming for calories etc within those two ranges, it's giving me a bit of buffer zone if you like of calories and tbh I feel a lot better having that range to aim for rather than the one set number. Most days I will try to stick to the lower end but I'm not going to go crazy if I do go up to the 1490
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would either 1. increase exercise to increase alloted calories, 2. increase low calorie/high volume foods, or 3. play with your macros to see if it help with satiety (more fat or more carbs depending what your body responds to.

For volume foods: egg whites, low sugar fruits, veggies (especially things like green beans, cucumber, carrots, spinach, squash, etc..
  • hellonew2015
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    I would either 1. increase exercise to increase alloted calories, 2. increase low calorie/high volume foods, or 3. play with your macros to see if it help with satiety (more fat or more carbs depending what your body responds to.

For volume foods: egg whites, low sugar fruits, veggies (especially things like green beans, cucumber, carrots, spinach, squash, etc..

I will try to favor fats over protein and see, I eat more proteins than fat now and the rest carbs. Thanks psulemon!!!