Coffee Maker Suggestions (Not K-Cup)

Options
2»

Replies

• browneyes1520
    browneyes1520 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I bought a keurig for on my office which I absolutely love and we have a keurig at home for everyday use and a Bunn brand coffee machine. While it is a 12 cup pot and it isn't programmable you don't have to make the full 12 cups and even if you do make 12 cups it take only 3 minutes for it to brew 12 cups so it would take even less time to brew 4 cups. It was a gift from the in laws (they also have one and they have gifted one to all their children) I believe they paid $110 for it but we are in Canada so I'm sure it'll be cheaper in the U.S. if that's where you are.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    This is the one my family has. It's great because you can set how many cups you want and the strength and it grinds just enough beans for that amount. We've had this going on 4 years now without any issues. Easily programmable too, so in the evening before bed I add the water and set the program. Boom, fresh coffee when I walk downstairs to the kitchen.

https://www.cuisinart.com/products/coffee_makers/dgb-900bc/
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything with a pod, such a waste of money

Reusable pods make them worthwhile. They are like $10-$15 and you can fill them with anything you want.
  • cassy_cake
    cassy_cake Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have the Andrew James Coffee machine, it has a coffee bean grinder built in or you can use powder.
    Have had it for about 2 years and its still fantastic no complaints :)
    It's this one im pretty sure:
    https://www.andrewjamesworldwide.com/UserControls/productIndividual.aspx?ProductID=678
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I've got a plain old Mister Coffee drip pot that makes four or five cups depending how you fill it.Takes the smaller basket-style filters, still sold in places like Target and the supermarket (though usually only a name brand not store brand). I think it cost *maybe* $20. It's the third one in a row I've had, but the first one I've bought online instead of in a store thanks to the pod craze that has crowded them off the shelves. Each one has lasted over ten years.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Avoid anything with a pod, such a waste of money

Reusable pods make them worthwhile. They are like $10-$15 and you can fill them with anything you want.

Yup! I bought a 4 pack of reusable pods (off-brand). There are 2 colours, so I get 2 for coffee and my husband uses the other colour for tea.

When I do buy actual pods, I buy them at Costco and I buy a brand that is half recyclable and half biodegradable. Just have to take it apart once cool, and the plastic is scored to make it easy to do!