Meals out

Options
People keep having birthdays and things and I have to go out to eat.
I feel quite annoyed but I really want to go. But I can't just eat whatever I want.
booooo

Replies

• thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Eat less on the days you go out. Pick something light and/or only eat about 50% of what is served to you. Restaurants often give way too much food.

But as long as you don't go out more than like once every 2 weeks or so, it doesn't really matter too much.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    LOL It actually did not occur to me not to finish my meal!
    I'll do what I can. :p
    No sense in depriving yourself all the time i suppose
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    I eat out frequently. If possible I look up the menu online ahead of time and decide what I will have. I also eat lighter at breakfast and lunch if I need to. Most of the time when I eat out I am able to stay within my calorie goal with no problem. Lots of places have a "lighter" menu. I usually only have a drink or an appetizer or neither, and remember you don't have to finish the entire meal.
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Unless you just don't trust yourself with eating whatever you want in moderation, why isn't it that an option for you? I really wouldn't worry too much about one day, but I wouldn't absolutely pig out, either. I'd allow myself to enjoy whatever I wanted...in moderation.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I struggle with eating out too. I was always strapped for cash so eating out was a treat. As such, I'd get a dessert or an appetizer, drinks, an entree on the rare occasions I ate ou.

When I met my husband, eating out was a way of life for him. So we'd go out to eat and I'd get an appetizer, cocktail, huge entree, and dessert and he'd order a salad. 20lbs later I figured it out. Now we have kids so it's less of an issue. My 3 year old can be a complete *kitten* at restaurants so we eat at home 99 days out of 100. And I've learned to order the salad with grilled chicken for takeout rather than the cheese steak. Or eat only 2 pieces of pizza instead of 4.
  • refuseresist
    Options
    I looked up the nutrition info for one place, and a cheese baguette was over 4,000 cals!
  • refuseresist
    Options
    carmkizzle wrote: »
    Unless you just don't trust yourself with eating whatever you want in moderation, why isn't it that an option for you? I really wouldn't worry too much about one day, but I wouldn't absolutely pig out, either. I'd allow myself to enjoy whatever I wanted...in moderation.

No, I don't trust myself to do moderation. It's not something I am good at