Hi I'm another newby. I am not sure about setting for me can some help me please.

Options
I'm sorry if this as been asked about before, but...

I'm not sure what to make my settings to be. I don't know that I am necessarily trying to lose/maintain/gain weight. I'm totally new to fitness tracking. I honestly bought a garmin for my daughter and got one for me so we can see how we do.

I'm 41y/o 5'2" last weight (last wk at docs office) 114lb. I workout most days. Right now 2 days/wk w/ trainer (was coming back from 5mth hiatus on workout due to health issues), try to strenght train on extra day mid wk and do cardio at least 30min everyday. But I do have a desk job. I try to eat 80/20 clean diet and shoot for 1500-1600 calories/day.

I was planning to train for a sprint triathlon (I've done 2 in the last 2yrs, I also did a half marathon, 15k, 10k and several 5ks. But my doc is making it hard for me to train for the event I want to do 9/11/16. I'm only allowed to choose one form of cardio at this point. I can continue w/ strength and core work.

So I'm somewhat changing gears to work on definition and I'd love to get a 6pack. I don't know what this means as far as weight loss/maintenance/gain. I really don't worry about the scale, just how I feel and look in my clothes.

So sorry for the long post, but wondering what setting I should choose and if anyone has any diet/workout suggestions for achieving my goal.

Thanks so much.

Replies

• PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You are at a healthy BMI and your goals are fitness base not weight base so you would set it to maintenance. UNLESS you wanted to gain weight.