Lung issues new

Options
dbhDeb
dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
I have recently had a rare pneumonia and it is healing but it has been an eye opening to have to take it easy and take steroids :# how do you deal with this feeling of loss of control with health??

Replies

• michaelschaafjr
    michaelschaafjr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My recent situation isn't nearly as serious as yours but I caught a mild respiratory infection 2 days before my very first 5k. It was frustrating.

Having to lay around the house taking medicine and taking it easy was hard, considering all I wanted to do was "run the cough away", and I know that's not how sickness works but my body wanted to do that. Haha.

That kind of stuff and injuries really hit hard for me and make me realize that I'm not going to live forever, and that health can deteriorate suddenly and sometimes there's nothing you can do about it.

But I do know that eating healthy and exercising moderately increases the chances of living longer. So those "loss of control" moments are bittersweet for me.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm a severe asthmatic. I got sick over Christmas for a month and was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease called sarcoidosis in my lungs. You just have to take it easy and rest. I lift and run 6 days a week. I have found that walking really helps my lungs and try for 12000 steps a day.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want