Flat Out Breads - Need Suggestions (+ a recipe!)

Options
southrnchic479
southrnchic479 Posts: 136 Member
edited June 2016 in Food and Nutrition
So I've been using the "fold-its" and the "protein up carb down" wraps, but I find them...uh, kinda bitter? My lunch is generally bland - just turkey and swiss. I know, so original right?

Does anyone have any suggestions on a tasty spread that would cut down on that bitter, bland kinda of fibery flavor lol. I made a spinach dip this weekend that I think I'll try out on it tomorrow, here's the recipe for anyone who wants it. Serving size is at 1/3 of a cup for 48 calories...obviously for a sandwich I'd use way less lol. I had it with reduced fat ritz crackers. So yummy and everyone said it was AWESOME:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/194756905569917

Replies

• insagtlori
    insagtlori Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just put the Laughing Cow jalapeno cheese on my turkey lettuce wrap and it was great. 35 calories per serving. Spiced it up quite a bit.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Things I use on my sammiches to hold things together - margarine, PB, Nutella, sweet chili sauce. My husband sticks with mayo. Mostly I use the FoldIts for pizza crusts.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I use the Flat Out flat breads and the definitely get a strange texture with wet ingredients. I like to use spreadable cheese wedges, like Laughing Cow. The Aldi brand is my favorite, half the price and only 25 calories. The garlic & herb flavor adds a nice kick, and jalapeno is good, too. Even plain works great if you just want something to help hold your sandwich together and give it a nicer texture.

Sometimes I use a dollop of tzatziki dip, but only if I'm eating it right away, so it doesn't get soggy. You can also try low carb tortillas if you still can't get past the taste of the Flat Outs.