What scale to buy?

Options
I've been eating at a deficit, weighing my food and exercising 4-5x a week for 6 weeks now and have not lost any weight.

I'm 5'1", and I weigh 175, my goal weight is 130. I eat 1,470 calories a day and lift 3x a week and do cardio for 60 minutes twice a week. I weigh my food and track everyday. My macros are at 50p, 30f, 20c and I'm pretty good at staying close to it everyday.

6 weeks later.. and the same weight? I'm not sure what the issue is but every time I step on the scale I get 6 different weights each time with the average staying at 175 (I've replaced the batteries). I'm not sure if I need a new scale or to change something about my calories/macros/exercise?

Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    New scale. It's not unusual to get a slight difference on a digital scale if you weigh twice, but it should not be significant and you should not be getting 6 different readings! It's dead, I'd replace it.

I have a Salter as it is a good brand for scales of all types. No scale will stay completely accurate forever, but one from a proper scale manufacturer will be more reliable than most.

• Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have a digital Taylor that has been a war horse. I think it cost under $30. Mine measures in ounces and grams, and I primarily use grams to ensure accuracy.

If you are getting different readings I your scale, try changing the batteries first.
  • Kingvjackson
    Kingvjackson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Maybe try high intensity interval training and Intermittent Fasting. It might help out. Workout 4 days a week. You need rest days. The Hiit is less time consuming if u have a tight schedule and its been workoling good for me. Good luck!
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I bought a set of these from ebay.co.uk. Awesome and they allow you to track lots of metrics:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Digital-Bathroom-Scale-Body-Composition-Monitor-BMI-Bone-Fat-Water-Muscle-/322128698765?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    As a daily weigher and charter for over 3 years I can recommend any EatSmart scale. They are like $30 online. Very accurate and consistent.
  • luisabriere
    luisabriere Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Probably its your macros a%
    Maybe u should carb cycle
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Ozeri Pro 4Lyfe!