What are your thoughts on what I ate today?

Options
LaDiiHeArT
LaDiiHeArT Posts: 118 Member
You guys, I've gone Vegan!!! Oh man, last night prepped my meals for the next two days and boy... they're all healthy. So here's what I've had so far,

7 a.m. Green Juice
(Coconut Milk, Spinach, Celery, Cucumber, Green apple, banana)

10 a.m Overnight Oatmeal
(Coconut Milk, Oats, Strawberries, Banana)

1 p.m. Quinoa Chickpea Mix (Not sure what to call it lol)
(Quinoa made with Spinach, mixed with Chickpea, onion, garlic, avocado)

4 p.m. Fruit bowl
(1 Mango sliced, banana sliced, sliced melon, sliced strawberries, sprinkled with cinnamon)

What do you guys think? Is this a good day's worth of meals so far? Vegan approved? I haven't calorie counted any of theses meals, do you guys think I'm on track? No meat or dairy at all today. Just lost of water! I was thinking to eat a bowl of Quinoa, spinach salad, and roasted sweet potato fries. Should I swap that for just a raw Salad? Thoughts would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. I'd probably have what you planned and a small salad.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals. If you are shooting for calories then you should definitely count them.

Based on how I eat, you've consumed way too much fruit and not nearly enough green veggies.
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    All of those foods are vegan if that is what you mean by "on track." Are you looking to lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight? The number of calories you eat is going to be key in determining whether or not you meet your goals. You could have a low calorie day with those foods or a high calorie day, depending on how much of them you are eating.

Same with the protein and fat -- you want to make sure you're getting enough and that's going to depend on how much of the protein- and fat-rich foods you are eating.

I'm trying to lose weight I'm going to try to enter everything to see where I am.
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    lseed87 wrote: »
    Sounds good. I'd probably have what you planned and a small salad.

Great, thank you!
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    esjones12 wrote: »
    Depends on your goals. If you are shooting for calories then you should definitely count them.

Based on how I eat, you've consumed way too much fruit and not nearly enough green veggies.

Should I hold off on the fruit bowl then?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    LaDiiHeArT wrote: »
    All of those foods are vegan if that is what you mean by "on track." Are you looking to lose weight, maintain weight, or gain weight? The number of calories you eat is going to be key in determining whether or not you meet your goals. You could have a low calorie day with those foods or a high calorie day, depending on how much of them you are eating.

Same with the protein and fat -- you want to make sure you're getting enough and that's going to depend on how much of the protein- and fat-rich foods you are eating.

I'm trying to lose weight I'm going to try to enter everything to see where I am.

Yeah, the calories in some fruits (like the banana and avocado), grains, and beans can add up quickly. This doesn't mean you shouldn't eat them, but it does mean you'll want to have a solid idea of how much of them you are eating. It looks like you've had at least three bananas today -- depending on the size, that is probably around 350 calories right there. An avocado is usually around 300 calories. So log what you're eating and it will not just help you meet your calorie goal, it will also help you notice if you need to be getting more fat or protein.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    protein and fat -- you want to make sure you're getting enough and that's going to depend on how much of the protein- and fat-rich foods you are eating.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    That sounds extremely low in protein and fat.

This
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options

Yeah, the calories in some fruits (like the banana and avocado), grains, and beans can add up quickly. This doesn't mean you shouldn't eat them, but it does mean you'll want to have a solid idea of how much of them you are eating. It looks like you've had at least three bananas today -- depending on the size, that is probably around 350 calories right there. An avocado is usually around 300 calories. So log what you're eating and it will not just help you meet your calorie goal, it will also help you notice if you need to be getting more fat or protein.

I didn't have a whole avocado or three banana's. I had half a banana in my juice, the other half I split in my oatmeal and fruit bowl. (The fruit bowl I haven't actually had yet.) I logged everything in and here's my numbers according to MFP Total Calories: 969 Carbs 189 Fat 18 Protein 28 Sugar 57 Remaining: 391 -19 26 39 -5. Any suggestions on finishing the day strong?
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I didn't have a whole avocado or three banana's. I had half a banana in my juice, the other half I split in my oatmeal and fruit bowl. (The fruit bowl I haven't actually had yet.) I logged everything in and here's my numbers according to MFP Total Calories: 969 Carbs 189 Fat 18 Protein 28 Sugar 57 Remaining: 391 -19 26 39 -5. Any suggestions on finishing the day strong?

I would focus on getting some more protein and fat for sure. A fruit-heavy diet is going to provide lots of carbohydrates, but not much protein or fat.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots and lots more protein.
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I would starve to death if I ate like that - maybe a vegan burger for dinner loaded with lettuce, tomatos, onions and a side salad.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    That sounds extremely low in protein and fat.

That's what I was thinking, as well.
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My thinking was that if you added a nice steak to that it'd be pretty good.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Figure out macros in grams and make sure you hit them / to help with protein add some vegan protein powder
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comment, I'm going to swap out the fruit bowl and use those calories to a fat/protein filled dinner. I'll be sure to update you guys with what I make. Any non-meat/dairy suggestions for tomorrow?
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comment, I'm going to swap out the fruit bowl and use those calories to a fat/protein filled dinner. I'll be sure to update you guys with what I make. Any non-meat/dairy suggestions for tomorrow?

Off the top of my head, here are some of my current favorite foods: cashew milk ice cream (So Delicious makes a good one), hummus, gaucamole, kimchi (you'll want to check the ingredients, some has fish sauce), roasted beets, roasted red bell peppers (delicious on a sandwich with portobello mushrooms), blackberries, cold brew coffee with vanilla protein powder and coconut milk/coconut creamer, rice noodles with peanut sauce, tempeh bacon, spring rolls, wok-seared sugar snap peas with soy sauce and sesame oil, black bean chili, fresh corn, and tofu scramble.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me!

I would add more protein... Try to eat it at every meal, silken tofu is great in smoothies, or add soy milk or vegan protein powder.

Add nuts; almonds, walnuts, roasted pecans or roasted peanuts to fruit salads and veggie salads.

Add more beans.
  • LaDiiHeArT
    Options
    Hey you guys, for dinner I had a black beans burger with sweet potato fries and side salad. I'll post what I'm having today, feel free to do the same :)