When counting calories...

Options
teach0722
teach0722 Posts: 42 Member
So, I'm just now getting back into My Fitness Pal and was wondering about total calories consumed. Should I pay attention to the amount before I exercise or after? Like, after I exercise, should I make sure to still have the minimum calories consumed? Or should I not worry since I burned those off.

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

Replies

• JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Some people choose to eat back some of their exercise calories and some people don't. You can certainly eat back some of those exercise calories, however, I wouldn't eat them all back, since exercise logging can, sometimes, be inaccurate. I try to stay around my goal, before exercise. However, I do, sometimes eat back 30%-40% of exercise calories and I still lose weight. It's a little trial and error.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    I mean, why not try to eat as much as possible while still losing weight? It just makes sense to me.

There are some things to consider. How much do you need to lose? The more overweight a person is, the more they can get away with not eating back the exercise calories.

This site intends you to eat more when you intentionally exercise at a moderate to high level.

Do it the way the sites suggests for a couple months. I have always used the numbers here and have had good success with them. That said, I track everything religiously and know exactly what I need based on my data set.
  • teach0722
    teach0722 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help!!