Should I be netting 0 for "under weekly net calories"?

Options
Hey everyone,

I have been on MFP for over a year now & haven't really paid much attention to the "net under weekly calories" until recently. Looking at weeks past and currently the average amount of calories I am under each week is around 1200-1500. Does this mean I have more calories available to consume without putting on extra weight? Currently I am set to lose around half a pound a week & am supposed to eat according to MFP around 1600 calories a day, but I do plan on switching over to maintaining weight soon since I'm extremely close to my goal. That category says I should eat 2000 calories a day to maintain, but I don't even know how I will ever eat that many calories.

Replies

• koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Simple answer, yes, although if you don't eat back all of your exercise calories you should have some left over. It's telling you the difference between your calorie goal × 7 and what you actually ate is 1200-1500 calories.

Check how you have it set before you look real hard at the number, the default is for it to show you the last 7 days, so it changes on a daily basis. I have mine set so it goes Sunday-Saturday, so my net calories under goal is my net calories left for the week. Some people may want it to start on Friday, so if they overindulge on the weekend they know how much less they have to eat to make up for it. Since the default is a rolling last seven days, a particularly low or high calorie day will make a big difference once it drops off the graph.

I hope that made sense!