Grams of fat?

Options
Is 50 grams of fat per day too much under 1200 cals? I want to up it more and take away from other macros because I am binging at night and ruining my deficit. I am taking in 90 grams of protein. I am 5' 2"

Replies

• jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Do you know your lean body mass / BF%??
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It's fine. .4 grams per pound of total bodyweight, minimum, is my goal. I've read others use .35-.55 grams per pound.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    For weight loss? Or...?

As long as you are staying in your allotted calorie goals, and getting enough protein, the fat doesn't matter. I lost most of my weight using 45% fat - the carbs were making me too hungry and the fat worked much better for curbing my appetite.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Do you know your lean body mass / BF%??

Protein is the most important followed by fat in my diet. I eat at least 1.2 gm protein per pound of lean body mass (LBM).

Carbs make me ridiculously hungry so I tend to try and stay away from them. Sometimes I go bonkers (within calories) and high on the macros tilted for carb (drinking wine and eating taro chips) and the next couple of days I am usually not satisfied with anything I jam down my throat. Keep the fat high as 40-50% and you'll be good.

MAKE SURE YOU EAT HEALTHY FATS.

Seriously don't make the mistake of eating crappy fats like canola oil, linseed oil/grapeseed, veggie oil, peanut oil.

Focus on grass and pasture raised animal fats, avocado oil, coconut, palm, grassfed butter, almonds... those are the better sources of good healthy fats

• hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! Yes I have been hungry because of the you know what Carbs even if it is complex carbs it does not work so I am going to eat higher fat amounts which comes from good sources and has been. Right now I am fighting my brain and telling it no do not get up and reach for those frozen organic blueberries you are done for the day! I do not know my lean BF but I am 6 lbs away from healthy bmi range so I am still over weight but so far lost 75 lbs. so the take away to have 40 to 50 % fat. I'm at 40/30/30 but I always hit a little higher on fat.