Fit4Less Gyms

Zoe678
Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
Hey all.

I recently signed up for a membership at a Fit4Less Gym, which is owned by Goodlife Fitness. Apparently the marketing model of this gym is that about 70% of its users are noobies at exercise, which should make people feel slightly less intimidated going in as a beginner. I have creepily peaked in the window a few times, and it looks like there are a lot of cardio machines (50+), which is pretty great.

Has anyone used one of these gyms? What was your experience? I haven't been to a gym in forever, and I have some of that noobie anxiety. Thankfully it is about 5 minutes from my work, which is pretty enticing.

Woot!

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Canadian?

I have used my cousin's membership when I have visited her and it is exactly like Planet Fitness. Depending on your goals, it may not have all the equipment you need.

For example, if you want to do a progressive strength training program - it may not have the free weights you may need such as a squat rack or a bench press.

I believe each location varies but I know there is a 'no dropping weights' rule and I believe the one I went to didn't have a squat rack. It had a smith machine.

They definitely have dumbbells, fixed weight machines, and cardio equipment though. So if that fits your goals, go for it.
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Thanks!