best pre workout

Options
i currently looking for some pre workouts. i have used clean labs and i am using cellular c4 right now. i like c4 a lot but i was wondering if there are any better out there. I'm a girl so I'm not looking for anything crazy but i really like the feeling that its working or the tingling i guess? something powerful that will get me through HIIT. any recommendations? thanks

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I'm using Shadow X by Cobra Labs. I love it! I use the lemon flavor and mix it w Gatorade
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    If you like the tingling it's called beta alanine. The tingling is paresthesia which is the firing of your nerve endings under the skin. Beta alanine when consumed at 3g a day has been shown to increase muscular endurance by increasing carnosine levels. You can buy it separately and add it too your supplement stack. I personally like BPI's 1MR. With that I add beta alanine, citrulline mallate, and taurine. Most preworkouts give you minimal dosages of supplements, so it's generally more cost effective to buy a cheap one and add your own. Personally I'd take the time to actually research what is in the preworkouts rather than blindly taking them because some popeyes rep has suggested them. My friend almost purchased a BCAA pushed on him that would put him in the hospital due to the added L-carnitine which counter acts his thyroid medication. Just an example to keep in mind.
  • txdc48
    txdc48 Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My favorite pre workout is from IDLife. It's just called PRE .. It doesn't give me a jittery or crazy crash later or make me feel weird. It really helps push through a
    Workout so much easier though ! I'm super impressed with it. If you want a
    Coupon for it let me know, I can send it to you.They have a pre and post combo deal too.
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Beta Alanine and Taurine. Cheap and highly effective. Be prepared for pins and needle rage (so I like to call it). Feels like you are being pricked into working out. Im a bit of a glut for punishment though.

I also use Amino Energy by ON with my Beta Alanine and Taurine stack. With a meal in my belly I rip through workouts
  • jessef593
    Options
    Beta Alanine and Taurine. Cheap and highly effective. Be prepared for pins and needle rage (so I like to call it). Feels like you are being pricked into working out. Im a bit of a glut for punishment though.

I also use Amino Energy by ON with my Beta Alanine and Taurine stack. With a meal in my belly I rip through workouts

Heyyy somebody that's done their research! Welcome to the club
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I use Amino Energy by ON as well. I drink mine during my workouts though, but it can be used as a pre-workout.
  • sweets201212
    sweets201212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use The Curse in the blue raspberry. It has worked good so far but it does have creatine in it. It also tastes good but I do not drink sodas, so it is sweet to me.

It contains the following:
    3000mg of Beta-Alanine, Creatine, Citrick acid
    1000mg of Citrulline & Arginine
    155mg of caffeine
    Sucralose

I do add other supplements as well...
    Hope it helps...
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Everyone responds differently to the various stims and whatnot in pre-workouts. If you've got something you like, stick with it. Otherwise, just try a bunch and see what you think.
  • kkarcher94511
    kkarcher94511 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    blackstone labs Angel Dust, Mutant Madness or MTS Rukus, all very high quality and taste amazing, effect from each are slightly different. I add in the Mutant pump to them all also
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Coffee.
    Anything else is just marketing.
  • jessef593
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Coffee.

Says the countless studies showing how certain amino acids taken at specific dosages can improve physical performance. Does your statement include creatine? Obviously they aren't anything magical. But several supplements can without a doubt give you that extra couple percent that you need to break a PR or recover just that much faster
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I mix 1 tsp L-Glutamine (amio acid), 5g of creatine, and a little bit of gatorade powder with 16 ounces of water for pre-workout. I drink half of it 15 minutes prior to working out and finish the rest about half way through the workout. I also take a caffeine pill 30 minutes prior to working out.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Coffee.

Says the countless studies showing how certain amino acids taken at specific dosages can improve physical performance. Does your statement include creatine? Obviously they aren't anything magical. But several supplements can without a doubt give you that extra couple percent that you need to break a PR or recover just that much faster

Studies also have concluded that amino acids in raw form are more beneficial.
  • pbandalyssa
    pbandalyssa Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I LOVE BPI 1MR. I only need half a scoop because it hits me pretty hard, but it gets me through even the most intense workouts, and helps me PR my lifts all the time. It's bomb.
  • Lojo124
    Lojo124 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Read up on Pre Jym it's by Jim Staponie .. works wonders for me
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Coffee.

Comparing Caffeine to Creative ftw.

Quite certain he didn't say all supplements are useless. He said that preworkouts are generally marketing. You can obtain the same sort of effect from standard caffeine via coffee, or tabs at a much more appealing price.
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Bunch of nonsense 200 mg caffeine pills ftw
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Pre-workout:
    Caffeine
    Creatine
    Taurine
    Beta-Alanine
    Citrulline Malate
    Agmatine Sulfate (because I got it free)

Intra-workout:
    BCAAs

Post-workout:
    Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    Glutamine
    Leucine
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    livescience.com/53095-do-preworkout-supplements-work.html

Says the countless studies showing how certain amino acids taken at specific dosages can improve physical performance.

Peer reviewed? Citations?

• Antd420
    Antd420 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    ericar21 wrote: »
    i currently looking for some pre workouts. i have used clean labs and i am using cellular c4 right now. i like c4 a lot but i was wondering if there are any better out there. I'm a girl so I'm not looking for anything crazy but i really like the feeling that its working or the tingling i guess? something powerful that will get me through HIIT. any recommendations? thanks

I use Ephedrine and Caffeine combined, it's cheap and very effective.