Time limit to exercise after overeating.

Options
So I just had 6 slices of homemade pizza today for dinner which would amount to about 1,200 kcals. I ate 500 kcals over maintenance and I was wondering how long do I have to exercise the excess carbs away before it is stored as fat? Can I exercise more tomorrow afternoon instead of in the morning because I have school. Any advice would be appreciated! I'm concerned about my weight gain too. I gained about 3.5kg in a month when i went back to eating at maintenance and I have no idea if it was mainly muscles or fats because my skirt got tighter but I got stronger too. This is puzzling me! I'm 155cm tall and currently I weigh about 47kg when I used to be 43.5kg.

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    how long do I have to exercise the excess carbs away before it is stored as fat?

I don't think there is a definite answer to this as it all depends on the individual.

The 'day-ins-and-outs' over or under eating don't really matter too much. It's more of a calorie deficit over a period of time that matters.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    umm... so you think you can burn the pizza off before you metabolize it so it doesn't count?
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to derail you. Chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.
  • minizombie
    minizombie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Because I thought that once it is stored as fat it is harder to lose it, so I would want to use it up as energy before it is stored.