Frozen bananas!

Yes I love them, it is like having a fudgsicle! Do you have a food that you discovered on your diet and wanting to include daily?

Replies

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Oddly enough, shredded chicken. Never had it much before. Make a big batch once a week in the slow cooker and put that *kitten* in everything. I even put some in my scrambled eggs. Put it in rice, pasta, make wraps with it. Sometimes I'll even have a small bowl of just cold chicken lol
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    capaul42 wrote: »
    Oddly enough, shredded chicken. Never had it much before. Make a big batch once a week in the slow cooker and put that *kitten* in everything. I even put some in my scrambled eggs. Put it in rice, pasta, make wraps with it. Sometimes I'll even have a small bowl of just cold chicken lol

I make shredded chicken with salsa in the crock pot at least once a week. I'll melt a little cheese and add some taco sauce and lettuce if I have it and it's like a mini taco bowl minus the tortilla :) great way to get the protein in!

The cheesehead light string cheese sticks are a staple now too! Only 50 calories each! They are my morning snack quite a bit.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    You guys are tempting me to go buy a crockpot, I am just wondering about time spent on prepping and cleaning. I am always on the go. But I used to love Carraba's Restaurant shredded chicken noodle soup. I do chicken tenderloins twice a week.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    High Fiber Cereal, yes, seriously. Fiber is so important as we age
  • capaul42
    You guys are tempting me to go buy a crockpot, I am just wondering about time spent on prepping and cleaning. I am always on the go. But I used to love Carraba's Restaurant shredded chicken noodle soup. I do chicken tenderloins twice a week.

I don't think I could do without mine. It's nice to set it and have dinner ready when I get home. I'll even use it for turkey breast and whole chickens.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Greek Yogurt with Quest protein powder. So good.
  • Saskwatch99
    Saskwatch99 Posts: 75 Member

They make disposable liners for crock pots. Makes clean up a snap.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Frozen grapes are good too!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member

I learned about those liners when my kids were in school and I worked in a lot of concession stands. I will never use my crock pot without one now. I need to make some shredded chicken. Do you have to do any prep for the chicken when you cook it in the crock pot? My husband hates chicken so I don't make it often but those sound like some great and easy lunch ideas. And I never even thought about just eating the frozen banana. I usually put them in smoothies but I like the idea of just the banana-sicle even better.
  • capaul42
    @kgirlhart
    No prep really. I spray my cooker with a light spray (no liners) and put my thighs in, cover and cook on low for 5 1/2 hrs or until the temp of a thigh is 175-181F. Then I take them out in a casserole dish with a cover and shred using two forks. That's it. Just keep in the fridge for the week and use as needed.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    @capaul42. Thanks! That sounds awesome. I eat a lot of soup in the winter, but now that summer is here I'm eating more salads for lunch and I really need some more lunch ideas.
  • capaul42
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @capaul42. Thanks! That sounds awesome. I eat a lot of soup in the winter, but now that summer is here I'm eating more salads for lunch and I really need some more lunch ideas.

No problem! I love my shredded chicken. Throw it in everything. I'm like that old lady on TV with her Red Hot ;)
  • Leesa_Michelle
    Leesa_Michelle Posts: 23 Member
    Frozen raspberries are SO good. Sour and sweet!! Try it out! :)
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member

These rock.
  • hellonew2015

I am concerned about those liners and BPA release or other chemicals! But no doubt having a crockpot is probably worth it!! :)
  • hellonew2015
    kgirlhart wrote: »

I learned about those liners when my kids were in school and I worked in a lot of concession stands. I will never use my crock pot without one now. I need to make some shredded chicken. Do you have to do any prep for the chicken when you cook it in the crock pot? My husband hates chicken so I don't make it often but those sound like some great and easy lunch ideas. And I never even thought about just eating the frozen banana. I usually put them in smoothies but I like the idea of just the banana-sicle even better.

Exactly Banana sicle :) My son asks for one everyday!
  • hellonew2015
    Frozen raspberries are SO good. Sour and sweet!! Try it out! :)

Yum! I have been eating frozen blueberries
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    For me, its homemade yogurt. I picked up one of those electric pressure cookers with a yogurt setting, and its been a godsend. Even while I'm in maintenance mode, I use yogurt in place of things like mayo and sour cream, mix protein powder in with it for breakfast or a snack, and it tastes so much better than the store bought stuff.
  • hellonew2015
    For me, its homemade yogurt. I picked up one of those electric pressure cookers with a yogurt setting, and its been a godsend. Even while I'm in maintenance mode, I use yogurt in place of things like mayo and sour cream, mix protein powder in with it for breakfast or a snack, and it tastes so much better than the store bought stuff.

Organic yogurt, little honey and Peanut powder what a treat! try it if you like :)
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member

Organic yogurt, little honey and Peanut powder what a treat! try it if you like :)

I'll sometimes do a couple drops of good vanilla and a squeeze of honey in a half cup of yogurt, so tasty