Meal plan??

Options
Anyone have a meal plan that they can share? I need between 1300-1400 calories per day. I'm 23 and my current weight is 180 and I think I want to be around 140/145. (I'm 5'8) So I'm looking to lose around 40 lbs!
I'm used to eating pretty much the same meals throughout the week. I'm gone almost all day everyday so I prep all my food for the entire week.

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    1300-1400 calories worth of food that you like, eaten at times of your choosing.

It's really not rocket surgery.
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I meal prep on the weekends and plan my meals out. I have goggled and used pinterest for idea on meal plans
  • briislovely
    briislovely Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart *kitten* reply then why bother :)@cityruss
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1364, and my diary is open. Just don't look at yesterday. :( Not a good day.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My diary is also open. I am usually around that calorie range.
  • StayFit_123
    StayFit_123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I go by recipes shared here:http://simplysparkling.life/

The recipes are usually 200-300 per entree per person, and they are simple, delicious and satisfying.
  • stacey201440
    stacey201440 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find lots of meal planning ideas on pintrest.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    EatingWell website has free meal plans at various calorie levels. It is a good place to start.
  • Mennash_2195
    Mennash_2195 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you would enjoy the stuff i eat as well, but i eat these meals on a regular basis, with some treats as well and i have 2 snacks a day :) usually gets to about 1200-1400 calories a day, here's a recent one: :)

Breakfast: Coffee with 1tsp sugar and 100ml of 1.5% milk (70cal)
    2 slices of whole wheat bread (130cal)
    1 hard boiled egg (75cal)
    1 slice of light Gouda cheese (100cal)
    Total: 375cal

Snack 1: 1 Granny smith apple (80cal)
    1 cranberry müsli bar (100cal)
    Total: 180cal

Lunch: 150gm of grilled chicken (160cal)
    2 cups of mixed green salad (100cal)
    2 Tbsp of low fat french dressing (50cal)
    Total: 310cal

Snack 2: 1 orange (65cal)
    20 roasted almonds (140cal)
    Total: 205cal

Dinner: 2 cups of steamed Vegetables (80cal)
    1/2 can of tuna in water (75cal)
    Total: 155cal

Treat: 2 squares of 50% cocoa dark chocolate (70cal)

Total: 1295 cal :)
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love Pinterest for meal ideas! I don't follow a plan so I eat what I want as long as it's within my calories. I prep on Sundays and then pull things together on that day its just easier for me. Good luck finding what works for you. :)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options

i dont think he was being a smart *kitten*. Hes right you dont need a meal plan u eat whatever food you want that fits into your goals. Dieting, weightloss, and eating is vastly over thought. Its simple easy and to the point. Hes right it isnt rocket surgery... although idk if you can perform surgery on rockets.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    fishshark wrote: »

i dont think he was being a smart *kitten*. Hes right you dont need a meal plan u eat whatever food you want that fits into your goals. Dieting, weightloss, and eating is vastly over thought. Its simple easy and to the point. Hes right it isnt rocket surgery... although idk if you can perform surgery on rockets.

I think the normal expression is "rocket science" not "rocket surgery". It simply means you don't have to be overly intelligent to figure it out. It really wasn't the best answer to give, because everyone can't eat in the casual and carefree way he suggested and get the desired result.