Feel free to follow me help together to gain weight

Options
paulwalker7
paulwalker7 Posts: 23 Member
Gaining weight is harder then loosing weight as many who struggle under stand. Plus gaining weight can cost 5 times as much then loosing weight. Feel free to follow people. Love to share my tips and find out yours

Replies

• jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight is harder then loosing weight as many who struggle under stand. Plus gaining weight can cost 5 times as much then loosing weight. Feel free to follow people. Love to share my tips and find out yours

Would agree when I did my first bulk. Took ages to put weight on but when it started to happen, it was great. Cost a fortune though but was worth it in the end when I got to the goal weight. Started a 2nd bulk yesterday after maintaining and recomping since last September.

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

How many calories are you consuming? Personally, when I bulk it's at 3300-3500 calories and don't find it much harder to eat that. When I cut, I limit things like added cheese, I reduce fats like (yogurt cover raisins, nuts, avocado, etc..), and eat more lean cuts of meat. For those who struggle, the below might help though. And good luck on your journey.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1
  • Patrycjajedraszczyk92
    Patrycjajedraszczyk92 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It was such a hard jernouy when I first started my weight gain... I just ate diry and ate everything.. I have learnt YOU can't be picky with food when trying to gain!!
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Extremely hard AND expensive
  • sammakoni
    sammakoni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    it's not so much the cost that gets to me but staying consistent on a weight gain journey. Because I get 1000calories from a shake I drink everyday and my meals make up for the remainder. how long I can keep this up is the big question. How are you staying motivated?
  • dillmilk
    dillmilk Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone. Gained 20 pounds so far, took a break and now I'm attempting to add another 20. I eat the most calorie dense food I can find including lots of dairy.
  • dubrovin1012
    dubrovin1012 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Stomach bloat is my biggest problem when I bulk.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Trying to gain here too. I'm having a hard time with my appetite. So I'm trying for food that is high calorie but still trying to eat healthy. My protein is pretty low too, so I've tried supplementing protein powder. Man that stuff is filling.
  • BeautifulVirgo24
    BeautifulVirgo24 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody I'm trying to gain weight also. My name is Emma I'm 25 years old. 125/130 pounds and I'm 5'5. Can you all add me as a friend
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It really is a struggle!
  • stowns30
    stowns30 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody I'm trying to gain weight also. My name is Emma I'm 25 years old. 125/130 pounds and I'm 5'5. Can you all add me as a friend

Welcome... I sent u a friend request
  • lplummer324
    lplummer324 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    sammakoni wrote: »
    it's not so much the cost that gets to me but staying consistent on a weight gain journey. Because I get 1000calories from a shake I drink everyday and my meals make up for the remainder. how long I can keep this up is the big question. How are you staying motivated?

Hi what kind of shakes are you drinking?
  • wrathofpascal
    wrathofpascal Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Added :)