How to measure steps?

Options
aureum79
aureum79 Posts: 30 Member
Can anyone please tell me how can I measure steps I understand measuring waist,hip and neck but STEPS?please help I am totally confused

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Wear a pedometer or an activity tracker, or measure the distance travelled and your stride and do a rough calculation.
  • aureum79
    aureum79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So should I divide the stride by distance or should I multiply the stride by distance travelled ?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    on average it's 2000 steps per mile...
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    It's a bit boring but .... Download a GPS app to your phone, go for at least a 1/2 mile walk, at a normal stride, and manually count the steps you take, either in your mind, or with a good pedometer. If you've already got some steps on your pedometer just subtract your beginning step count from the ending step count to tell you how many steps you took on that 1/2 mile walk.

There are 5,280 feet in a mile. So there are 2,640 feet in a 1/2 mile.

So you would do the math to see how far, distance wise, each step is.
  • ChristopherLimoges
    ChristopherLimoges Posts: 298 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The calculation usually records your age, height, gender, and stride length. You can find good rough estimates around the Internet. Activity trackers are a plus.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Divide the distance by the stride length. Both must be the same unit of measure, such as feet.
  • MrsPadrona
    MrsPadrona Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I second either buying a pedometer or an activity tracker. It's the most accurate way, short of manually counting in your head with every step.
  • edisongirl25
    edisongirl25 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a pedometer, how do I add steps into my activity?