That sugar film

Have you seen this? What did you think? It scared me a bit and really made me think. I didn't realise so many things we thought were healthy or ok, are not.
This was my motivation to start my diet. Completely cutting out sugar feels impossible though, because it's in so much.

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Many documentaries that you see like that are not presenting an unbiased "truth". Many, if not all documentaries, tend to portray a very narrow explanation behind the science that is being discussed and cherry pick their explanations to express a point that may not be in line with the actual scientific findings behind what they are talking about. Most documentaries have an agenda of some kind, which usually revolves around making money in some fashion as well.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what I see until I'd read some of the research myself to see if what they are even talking about is true in the way it's being represented.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Over exaggerated. Any documentary will usually be biased towards any evidence against the message they are trying to send initially. Sugar isn't bad. OVER CONSUMPTION of it is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited June 2016
    All diets seem to cut down on sugar - have you noticed?
    I do not count sugar from foods such as whole fruits, dairy, or vegetables.
    I do limit my added sugars to 20 grams a day (I try). (junk foods).
    Some americans consume too much sugar.