Healthiest Cheap Food In America

Options
2»

Replies

• OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this link, I checked out other links on the website as well, added to my favorites, loads of good info.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Okay, so do you think if I paid a little more for the eggs I buy, they'd be a little better nutritional wise? There are no local farms where I live, so I can't really go to one and buy them.

and remember, it's not just about "paying more" it just means that buy the best you can. it happens to usually be "paying more" but if it's a matter of going to the grocery store, don't opt for $7/doz eggs just because they are $7. take the whole transaction into account. if you do this to one staple item at a time, before you know it, your pantry and fridge will be filled with really healthy, nutritious and ethically-raised food.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this link, I checked out other links on the website as well, added to my favorites, loads of good info.

you're welcome! this is a topic i am especially passionate about, so readers beware! :)
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting the article. Money is getting tighter and tighter every day and I really don't want to end up eating tons of pasta, potatoes and the other things we use to when we were broke. It's such a hard balance.