Starting over

Options
ltfitz89
ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
Hi everyone! I was part of MFP after I got engaged in 2012 and lost 55lbs. I was at my heaviest when I got engaged and couldn't stand the thought of getting married looking the way I did. So I ate right, logged everything, exercised as much as I could and felt really good about myself. However after my wedding I let everything slip. I ate too much and all the wrong foods I stopped exercising all together and I got fat. I moved to SC and started a new job, hated it and ate to comfort myself. So I got a new job, and I love it, except I was getting up at 430am and not getting home until 8 so I ate junkfood and didn't take care of myself. I just kept gaining weight. And now I am at the heaviest weight I have ever seen on my scale. I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror, I hate clothes except pjs and tshirts and I keep telling myself I will start today, and then by the evening I ruin it.

So I am starting today. I am making a promise to myself and I hope you will hold me to it.

I will eat healthy and log all my food.
I will log my food before I eat it.
I will walk 30 minutes per day, 3x per week.
I will drink 64 oz of water per day.

I will do this for 30 days. On July 20 I will make new promises based on where I have or have not made progress.

I don't want to be fat anymore. I don't want to feel tired from walking up a flight of stairs or dancing in the living room after 5 minutes. I don't want to look in the mirror and try to find ways to hide a double chin. I don't want to take 90 pictures to find the one I look the least fat in.

I will get back to feeling good about my body. I will find a way to stay on track. I need a lifestyle change not a diet.

Here we go!

Replies

• karriesunderman
    karriesunderman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! I need to set some goals and start again too.
  • JeanetteLeece
    JeanetteLeece Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How to eat an elephant, one bite at a time.
    You can do this girlfriend. one step, one day at a time.
    I have been overweight my whole life and gone up 50 and down 50. Right now I need to lose 85 pound for my knees and back and so I can keep up with my granddaughters.